- Pray the Daily Office
- Find a Parish – By Location
- Find a Parish – By Name
- Find a Form, Directory, or Policy
- Check the Diocesan Calendar
- Register for an Event
- Get Safeguarding Information
- Make a Gift
- Find the Diocesan & Anglican Cycles of Prayer
- Find copies of the Diocesan Constitution and Canons
- Find Information on Open Positions and Transition Ministries
- NEW! Diocese of Indianapolis Notified of Successful Canonical Consent Process
- Transitions – How to contact the bishop or the bishop-elect.
- Executive Council Ratifies Alcohol Policy
- Registration Open for the Youth Spring Event
- On the Horizon
- Light a Candle. Pray for the Nation
- Featured News New!: Bishop-Elect Announces Initial Parish Visits
- Featured & Upcoming Events
- Parish & Other Milestones
- Haiti & Hurricane Matthew
Bishop-Elect Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows ordination and consecration on April 29
[February 1, 2017] Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop and Primate Michael B. Curry and Registrar of General Convention, the Rev. Canon Michael Barlowe, have notified the Diocese of Indianapolis that Bishop-Elect Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows has received the required majority of consents in the canonical consent process.
The Rev. Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows was elected Bishop on October 28. Her ordination and consecration service is slated for Saturday, April 29, 11 a.m. at Clowes Memorial Hall at Butler University in Indianapolis. Presiding Bishop Curry will officiate. For more information on the Rev. Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows and her ministry.
In Canon III.11.4 (b), Standing Committees, in consenting to the ordination and consecration, attest they are "fully sensible of how important it is that the Sacred Order and Office of a Bishop should not be unworthily conferred, and firmly persuaded that it is our duty to bear testimony on this solemn occasion without partiality, do, in the presence of Almighty God, testify that we know of no impediment on account of which the Reverend A.B. ought not to be ordained to that Holy Office. We do, moreover, jointly and severally declare that we believe the Reverend A.B. to have been duly and lawfully elected and to be of such sufficiency in learning, of such soundness in the Faith, and of such godly character as to be able to exercise the Office of a Bishop to the honor of God and the edifying of the Church, and to be a wholesome example to the flock of Christ."
- Staff Biography
- Video: Walk-About Questions
- Video: Introduction
- Video Playlist on YouTube
- Initial Parish Visits Schedule
More Info to Come!
The Right Rev. Catherine Waynick, Bishop
The Rev. Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows, Bishop Elect
Bishopelect@indydio.org (begins February 1)
1100 W. 42nd Street
Indianapolis IN 46208
Diocesan office phone numbers
Diocesan Executive Council Ratifies Alcohol Policy
Diocesan Executive Council met via conference call on Saturday, January 14, and ratified a policy on alcohol use related to diocesan and parish events. View the policy here.
Join Us in Prayer
The Jesus Movement: Stomping as Episcopalians
March 3-5, 2017
The Youth Steering Committee invites all 6th through 12th-grade youth and their adult leaders to join us at Spring Retreat! The weekend will include plenaries led by youth and adults, workshops, choice time activities, worship, fellowship, community building, and more.
- New this spring—registration will be online at https://waycrosscenter.
- Early Bird registration closes on February 3, with the regular registration deadline on February 24.
- Download flyer.
Coming Soon—Watch This Space.
- Celebration of Ministry for Bishop Waynick Saturday, April 22,
The Diocese of Indianapolis has made available to parishes access to the entire Center for Youth Ministry through Leader Resources (http://www.leaderresources.org/) This membership allows each parish in the Diocese to download all of the youth ministry curriculum available through Leader Resources for free. This curriculum includes the complete Journey to Adulthood program, Confirmation curriculum, God Talks, retreat resources, and more! Each parish can receive one free download of the entire library, which can be shared with youth leaders and others within your congregation. Information on how to download these resources is available on this information sheet: drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jxwbVHYhMMSjZic1Jkd0JpQm8/view?usp=sharing. Questions can be sent to Victoria Hoppes, Diocesan Coordinator of Ministries With and For Youth, at Array.597.4241 or by email at email@example.com ...
- Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt? (July 2016)
- Understanding the Clergy Housing Allowance (August 2016)
- God's Covenant for Healthy Living Together (September 2016)
- A Primer on Your Credit Report vs. Your Credit Score (October 2016)
- Array Tips to Maximize Your Tax Savings (December 2016)
- Clergy Compensation – Transparency and Stewardship (January 2017)
- February 12 – St. Paul’s, Evansville
- February 19 - St. David’s Bean Blossom
- February 26 - St. Paul’s, New Albany
- March 5 - St. Paul’s, Columbus
- March 19 - St. James, Vincennes and St. John’s, Washington
- March 26 - TBD
- April 02 - Trinity, Bloomington
- April 09 - St. Francis-in-the-Field, Zionsville
- April 16 (Easter Sunday) St. John’s, Bedford
Where: St. John's, Lafayette
A light lunch will be served. TO ...
- March 11: Sacred Stories
- April 8: Parables
- May 20: Liturgical Action
- Sacred Stories - https://www.trailblz.info/godlyplay/eventcomplete.aspx?eventid=49
- Parables - https://www.trailblz.info/godlyplay/eventcomplete.aspx?eventid=50
- Liturgical Action - https://www.trailblz.info/godlyplay/eventcomplete.aspx?eventid=51
Presiding Bishop: “I ask President Trump to continue the powerful work of our refugee resettlement program without interruption’
Leviticus 19:34: “The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.”
Numbers 15:15: One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance for ever in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the Lord.”
Deuteronomy 10:19: “Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.” On Saturday, the Washington National Cathedral hosted the National Prayer Service for the President, Vice-President, their families, and those who will be taking on the grave responsibility nominated to cabinet ...
180th Diocesan Convention
October 26-28, 2017
Location is Jeffersonville.
Many milestones were celebrated in 2016, including those of several parishes. Do you have an important milestone coming up in your parish? Share it here.