WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO TODAY?
- Watch the Bishop Search Walk-About Videos
- Read About Haiti & Hurricane Matthew
- Pray the Daily Office
- Get the latest Convention News
- Learn about the Call for the 11th Bishop
- Find a Parish – By Location
- Find a Parish – By Name
- Find a Form, Directory, or Policy
- Check the Diocesan Calendar
- Register for an Event
- Get Safeguarding Information
- Make a Gift
- Find the Diocesan & Anglican Cycles of Prayer
- Find copies of the Diocesan Constitution and Canons
- Find Information on Open Positions and Transition Ministries
Follow Us on Social Media
Diocesan Convention News
The 179th annual Convention of the Episcopal Diocese will be held at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre, 31 W. Ohio Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204, on October 27 – 29, 2016. This will be an electing convention and Christ Church Cathedral will host the election and this convention. The election of the 11th Bishop of the Diocese of Indianapolis will take place on Friday morning October 28, at Christ Church Cathedral after the Eucharist.
Other Important Convention Items
The search for the next bishop is moving into its final stages. The Walk-Abouts took place this past weekend (Friday, October 14 – Sunday, October 16) and we have videos of part of the proceedings which you can view below. Diocesan Convention and the election are on October 28. The following resources will be helpful as these important events approach.
- For information on the Election Process at Convention, see Convention Schedule 2016
- For information on the slate of candidates, see their profiles:
- For information on what we have said about our needs and wants as a diocese, see the Diocesan Profile
- News on the Search Site
Bishop Candidate Walk-Abouts: The First Three Questions
Candidates for the 11th Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis traveled throughout the diocese over the past few days, answering questions offered by the Transition Committee and persons from throughout the diocese. The first three questions for each candidate were the same. The answers to those questions— from the first session at St. Paul’s, Indianapolis—are offered here.
Light a Candle—Pray for the Nation
Join Us in Prayer Before You Vote
As Episcopalians, we’re not called to agree with one another but we are called to love and prayer. Join us for a variety of prayer opportunities before you vote, as we individually and collectively pray for our nation. Whatever your political preferences, you’re welcome here!
- Art and resources for use in parish communication tools.
- Current list of Events and Locations
- Want to add your event to the list? Email the information to Kathy Copas.
October 17, 2016
Though no lives were lost in Mithon, the school is not in good shape at all.
Fr. Jn Michelin messaged Marilyn Day, St. David’s, Bean Blossom. that everyone in Mithon miraculously survived. But, all the crops have been lost, the water well the Diocese helped build is damaged too. It is very difficult to get water. Emergency help may be necessary if possible.
Featured & Upcoming Events
- Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt? (July 2016)
- Understanding the Clergy Housing Allowance (August 2016)
- God's Covenant for Healthy Living Together (September 2016)
A Message from Bishop Waynick about the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of the Anglican Centre in Rome
October 5, 2016 In this chapel, Pope Paul VI presented his own episcopal ring to Archbishop Michael Ramsey, when they committed to ongoing, official dialogue between the Roman Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion. That was in 1966. This evening, as part of the 50th anniversary of the Anglican Centre in Rome, Anglicans and Catholics gathered for a special service of vespers, in which Pope Francis and Archbishop Justin Welby preached, and choirs from the Sistine Chapel and Canterbury Cathedral sang, and nineteen pairs of bishops (Catholic and Anglican) from around the world, were commissioned and sent out ...
Bishop Waynick Attends Worship at Vatican Commemorating 50 Years of Closer Relationships Among Anglicans and Roman Catholics
Parish and Other Milestones
Many milestones are being celebrated this year, including those of several parishes. Do you have an important milestone coming up in your parish? Share it here.