The College for Congregational Development equips lay leaders and clergy in congregational and organizational development. The College is a 2-year initiative that includes readings, facilitation, teamwork, a content exam, and the completion of two projects within participants’ own congregations. In order to strengthen leadership within parishes, we strongly encourage churches to send groups of clergy and lay leaders to take part in the College as a team.
The goals of the College are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable churches living into their calling to be the Body of Christ in their own place and time.
- Congregations that are deeply grounded in their own Episcopal identity, in a way that fits with their context.
- Leaders who know the challenges and opportunities they face and are equipped to respond, both individually and together with their faith communities.
- A common language and culture of practice of congregational development throughout the Diocese of Indianapolis, recognizing that this is possible for churches of all sizes, locations, and conditions.
- Connections among leaders within and between congregations that strengthen shared learning, encouragement, community, and inspiration.
RegistrationFrom July 17 to July 23, the Diocese of Indianapolis will hold a weeklong College for Congregational Development training at Waycross Camp and Conference Center. Register online.
Please email Canon Kristin White with any questions about the College for Congregational Development.