For congregations in transition
The process for calling a new rector can be a challenging one, but the diocese provides guidance and resources. Transition minister Jennifer Phelps is the lead staff member for transitions, and you can reach her at 317-926-5454 or email@example.com. She has created or curated the detailed resources on this page.
- Guidelines for congregations in the search process
- Sample timeline for search process
- Sample budgets for transitions
- Role of the transition officer
- Vestry goals and strategies during interim
The diocese provides a leave-taking guide for rectors, and it is helpful to congregational leaders to be familiar with this material as well.
For clergy seeking calls
The Diocese of Indianapolis welcomes clergy who:
- Serve as beacons of Christ in central and southern Indiana and beyond;
- Offer a generous invitation and welcome;
- Stand with the vulnerable and marginalized to transform systems of injustice;
- Connect with other Episcopalians, ecumenical and interfaith partners, and advocacy groups;
- Develop lay leaders and clergy to lead the church of today and tomorrow.
- Grant opportunities for innovative ministry projects
- Medical coverage for clergy member and family
- Clergy coaching
- Free access to a certified financial planner
- Opportunities to seek sabbatical grants
- Pastoral care for clergy and families
- Seminary loan repayment program
- 403(b) savings plan match
You can learn more about benefits, compensation and diocesan employment policies on the Compensation and Benefits page.