Episcopal Women’s Ministries (formerly Episcopal Church Women (ECW)) comprises all women in The Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis. A coordinating council meets quarterly to share news about what women involved in the ministries listed below are doing and to plan events and retreats and other activities specifically for women of the Diocese. The council welcomes new members. Contact us to let us know your interests or to receive our newsletter!
Among the Ministries coordinated by the Council are:
- Episcopal Church Women empowers the women of The Episcopal Church to carry out Christ’s work throughout the world.
- The United Thank Offering invites individuals to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO was founded to support innovative mission and ministry that the church budget has not yet expanded to fund. Our EWM Council works with Bishop Jennifer to evaluate UTO grant applications in our diocese.
- The Order of the Daughters of the King, Inc. is an order for women who undertake a Rule of Life, incorporating the Rule of Prayer and the Rule of Service. The Order is the extension of Christ’s Kingdom through Prayer, Service and Evangelism. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our vision as Daughters of the King is to know Jesus Christ, to make Him known to others, and to become reflections of God’s love throughout the world.
- The Church Periodical Club is an Episcopal institution whose ministry is to supply books, magazines, tapes, videos and computer programs free of charge for those who cannot otherwise obtain them, and to raise the money to achieve this.
- Girls Friendly Society provides ministry to girls in a safe and accepting environment where Christ’s love is evident. GFS-USA is a community within the Episcopal Church and a member of the World Council of GFS.
- Episcopal Women’s History Project promotes and encourages research, writing and publication in all matters touching upon the history of women in the Episcopal Church.
- Church Women United is a racially, culturally, theologically inclusive Christian women’s movement, celebrating unity in diversity and working for a world of peace and justice,