The 2019 convention will be held November 15-16 at the Monroe Convention Center in Bloomington, IN.
- Registration for children and youth is separate and at no charge.
- Registration will be $50 for adults through October 4.
- From October 5-October 31, registration will be $75 for adults.
- Online registration will close on October 31, and only on-site registration for $25, which will not include meals, will be available after that date.
Registration includes full access to all programing, workshops and convention materials. Food is provided on Friday, November 15, including a boxed lunch, the banquet and the dance party.
Questions? Please contact the diocesan office at 317-926-5454.
Blocks of hotel rooms at a discounted rate have been reserved at area hotels:
Book a room in the Courtyard Bloomington, which is adjacent to the convention center, at the discounted rate of $128/night. The reservation deadline is October 14.
Book a room in the Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, located several blocks from the convention center, at the discounted rate of $119/night. The group rate will be available until October 18 or until rooms are sold out.
Fall Neighborhood Gatherings
The following pre-convention neighborhood gatherings have been scheduled:
- September 15: St. David’s, Bean Blossom at 3 p.m. (Waycross/South Central)
- September 24: St. John’s, Mt. Vernon at 6 p.m. (Confluence/South West)
- October 6: Trinity, Indianapolis at 2 p.m. (Crossroads/Indianapolis)
- October 13: St. John’s, Crawfordsville at 2 p.m. (Wabash/North West)
- October 27: Christ Church, Madison at 2 p.m. (River Bend/South East)
- October 29: Trinity, Anderson at 6:30 p.m. (The Edge/North Central)
Children and Youth at Convention
A convention program for children and youth will be available in the Monroe Convention Center on Friday and Saturday during convention sessions. The program will be led by children’s and youth ministry leaders from across the diocese. The cost is free for all children and youth, but registration is required.
Children in preschool through 5th grade will participate in storytelling, games, arts and crafts, music and other activities. Youth in grades 6-12 will have opportunities for fellowship, Christian formation, and participation in convention activities.
Pre-Convention Social and Family Fun Night: Families are invited to a pre-convention pool party on Thursday, November 14 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Courtyard Bloomington. Bring a swimsuit and a snack to share with others. Games and activities for those who would rather not swim will be available.
Constitution and Canons Changes
Submit a proposed change to the diocesan constitution and canons by September 15.
Convention Delegate Guide
For many visitors and delegates, diocesan convention is a new experience. Other delegates have been to diocesan convention several times and are familiar with the basics of diocesan governance. Whatever your experience, the Convention Delegate Guide is designed to provide a foundation for and common understanding of diocesan convention.
View a draft 2020 budget and draft 2020 apportionments by parish to be reviewed at convention. The documents remain drafts until they are approved by diocesan convention, but are provided here for parish finance committees as they work on 2020 budgeting.
The following forms are due from parishes on September 15:
At convention, delegates will elect lay and clergy people to a number of diocesan leadership positions. Submit nominations online by October 31.
Reports to Convention
Reports to convention by committees and commissions of the diocese will be posted on the website and will be printed in the annual journal of the diocese for historical record. Submit a report online by October 31.
Submit a proposed resolution to come before diocesan convention by September 15.
Complete a form by November 1 to be considered as an exhibitor for the 2019 diocesan convention.
Exhibitor space is limited. Sign up early for the best chance to secure a spot. Questions about exhibits may be directed to Erinna VanDever, 317-926-5454.
- September 15: Constitution & Canons Changes and Resolutions due; Forms (Convention Delegates, Certificate of Parish Leadership, Committee Member Updates) due
- October 4: Last day for early bird $50 registration rate
- October 5-31: Online registration available for $75
- October 14, 18: Hotel reservations due
- October 31: Last day for online registration
- October 31: Nominations, Reports to Convention due
- November 1: Exhibitor Request Forms due
- November 1: Delegation changes due
- November 1: Online registration closed. Please plan to register onsite for convention ($25)
Volunteers Register for Free
Diocesan convention is our diocese’s largest event of the year, and volunteers make it happen! If you can volunteer at convention, please call the diocesan office at 317-926-5454 or email Erinna VanDever to receive free convention registration.