The 181st Convention of the Episcopal Diocese will be held at the Monroe Convention Center, 302 S. College Ave. in Bloomington, on November 16-17. Everyone in the diocese is invited to participate in convention, which this year includes:
- a keynote address and convention Eucharist sermon by the Rev. Dwight J. Zscheile, professor of congregational mission and leadership at Luther Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota
- opportunities to reach out into the Bloomington community
- a dance party on Friday night.
Online registration is now closed. Please plan to register onsite for $25/person. This registration fee includes full access to all programing, workshops and convention materials, but does not include meals.
Questions? Call the diocesan office at 317-926-5454.
Nominations from the floor will be accepted until 9 a.m. on Friday, November 16 and may be submitted either electronically to Kim Christopher or by paper copy.
Download the proposed resolutions to be considered at convention. (Revised 11.13.18)
Draft Budget and Reports
Download a listing of workshops that will be offered at convention. (Workshop locations added 10.25.18)
Children and Youth Program
Check out what is being planned so you can register to join the fun. If you cannot make it to the entire convention, and only for part of the weekend’s events, that’s fine too. Please email Erinna Vandever to register.
Book a room in the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bloomington. Phone reservations: 812.334.8800.
Deanery meetings will take place prior to Diocesan Convention:
- Southwest Deanery | October 9 at 6:00 p.m. CDT | St Paul’s, Evansville
- Northeast Deanery | October 11 at 6:00 p.m. EDT | Trinity Episcopal Church, Anderson
- Southeast Deanery | October 14 at 2:00 p.m. EDT | St Paul’s, Columbus
- North Central Deanery | October 16 at 7:00 p.m. EDT | St Francis In-The-Fields, Zionsville
- Mid-Central Deanery | October 22 at 7:00 p.m. EDT | Episcopal Church of All Saints, Indianapolis
- South Central Deanery | October 24 at 6:00 p.m. EDT (dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 6:30 p.m.) | Christ Church Cathedral, Indianapolis
- Northwest Deanery | October 28 at 2:00 p.m. EDT | St. Andrew’s, Greencastle