The College for Congregational Development equips lay leaders and clergy in congregational and organizational development. The College is a 2-year initiative that includes readings, facilitation, teamwork, a content exam, and the completion of two projects within participants’ own congregations. In order to strengthen leadership within parishes, we strongly encourage churches to send groups of clergy and lay leaders to take part in the College as a team.
The College will be offered in an intensive week-long summer format at Waycross Camp and Conference Center in the Diocese of Indianapolis July 12-19, 2020.
The goals of the College are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable churches living into their calling to be the Body of Christ in their own place and time and people.
- Congregations that are deeply grounded in their own Episcopal identity, in a way that fits with their context.
- Leaders who know the challenges and opportunities they face and are equipped to respond, both individually and together with their faith communities.
- A common language and culture of practice of congregational development throughout the Diocese of Indianapolis, recognizing that this is possible for churches of all sizes, locations, and conditions.
- Connections among leaders within and between congregations that strengthen shared learning, encouragement, community, and inspiration.
Standard tuition is $850 for participants from parishes in the Diocese of Indianapolis and $950 for people in congregations outside of the Diocese. Please note that this fee is subsidized by the Diocese in order to make participation possible for as many people as we can. The actual cost for the College, including room and board, materials, presenter stipends and their travel, is approximately $1,150 per participant.
Participation in the College for Congregational Development means a commitment of both time and resources to this effort. The Diocese of Indianapolis does not want the cost of the College to prevent teams in this Diocese from taking part. Please email Canon Kristin White to learn more about tuition assistance.
The Diocese must make significant deposits in advance to reserve facilities, and we are bound by their cancellation and refund policies. Commitments to the retreat site and the trainers must be met regardless. Refunds will only be made if a participant sends written or emailed notice of withdrawal 30 days or more before the beginning of the first session.
Please email Canon Kristin White with any questions about the College for Congregational Development.