The College for Congregational Development equips lay leaders and clergy in congregational and organizational development. The College is a 2-year initiative that includes readings, facilitation, teamwork, a content exam, and the completion of two projects within participants’ own congregations. In order to strengthen leadership within parishes, we strongly encourage churches to send groups of clergy and lay leaders to take part in the College as a team.
The College will be offered in a two-day virtual conference on July 15 and 16 from noon to 4 p.m. Eastern. Zoom presentations will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. and 3 to 4 p.m., with time in between for participants to work on assignments and set up virtual meetings with congregational teams.
2021 training dates coming soon!
The goals of the College are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable churches living into their calling to be the Body of Christ in their own place and time and people.
- Congregations that are deeply grounded in their own Episcopal identity, in a way that fits with their context.
- Leaders who know the challenges and opportunities they face and are equipped to respond, both individually and together with their faith communities.
- A common language and culture of practice of congregational development throughout the Diocese of Indianapolis, recognizing that this is possible for churches of all sizes, locations, and conditions.
- Connections among leaders within and between congregations that strengthen shared learning, encouragement, community, and inspiration.
This virtual training is free and open to all who registered for the in-person gathering of the College for Congregational Development, originally scheduled for the Waycross Camp and Conference Center. This event is also open to all those on the waitlist for the original gathering and any additional members of the diocese who would like to join.
Registration is now closed.
Please email Canon Kristin White with any questions about the College for Congregational Development.