Invite a holy curiosity about how God is calling your church to care for your neighbors
Discover practical ideas and sacred inspiration for ministry
Learn within a structure of support, with interactive workshops and continued coaching
Share this journey with congregational teams from across the Diocese of Indianapolis
What is this initiative?
The Faithful Innovation Initiative is an opportunity for churches from across the Diocese of Indianapolis to consider their own answer to this question:
“When you consider the needs of the world and the unique gifts that you have been given, what future can you imagine that God wants to bring forth in our midst?”
A church’s answer to that question might be simple, but it’s not easy. A faithful response will come from members of the parish developing a holy curiosity about their neighbors and themselves, as well as the willingness to risk of doing something different than what people have either never tried or always done.
What is a Learning Community?
The Diocese of Indianapolis’ learning community will comprise people from churches throughout the diocese who commit to pray, practice, learn and share together during a six-month process. The process, which includes resources for study and reflection, includes three Saturday workshops, monthly gatherings among parish teams and coaches, and ongoing experiments and discernment. The community’s work together is itself an act of faithful innovation.
Participants in the learning community that forms in early 2020 will meet together three times:
- January 11: Agile Leadership: Begin by Asking Different Questions
- March 14: Learn by Doing: Using Action Learning to Discover God’s Leading and
- June 6: Sharing Our Learning: Intentional Reflection on Our Actions
How will our church benefit from participation?
This process has the potential to:
- Equip effective lay spiritual leaders through training and coaching
- Support your church in discerning and responding to God’s call
- Deepen your congregation’s faith with greater integration in community
- Engage and inspire your members
- Clarify and affirm the unique role for your congregation in your particular time and place
Ready to join?
Participants in the 2020 Faithful Innovation Initiative commit to:
- Gather a Guiding Team of four to six members who will take part in the three 2020 trainings. Each Guiding Team will invite other members from their congregation to participate in the experiments and learnings that occur between trainings.
- Invite their vestry or bishop’s committee to pray, discuss, and approve their congregation’s participation.
- Contribute $40 or less per person to offset the cost of meals and materials.
- Complete the covenant form and mail or email it to the bishop’s office.
Diocesan Coordinating Team
Canon Brendan O’Sullivan-Hale
The Rev. Holly Rankin Zaher
The Rev. Drew Downs
Ms. Yuri Rodriguez