The Schedule of Events
Friday, April 28
- Presiding Bishop Clergy Meeting and Luncheon, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. at St. Richard’s School. All priests and deacons are invited. Please RSVP here.
- Media Event for PB and Bishop Elect 1 p.m.–1:30 p.m., Lilly Room, Trinity Episcopal Church
Rehearsal, 4 p.m. at Clowes Memorial Hall
- Consecration Choir Rehearsal, 7 p.m.–9 p.m at Clowes
- Women of Color Clergy Reception, 5–7 p.m., at Christ Church Cathedral (CCC)
- Reception hosted by the Union of Black Episcopalians, 6:30–8 p.m., at CCC
- Bishop’s Dinner (Bishops and spouses only), 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m., at Columbia Club
Saturday, April 29
- Bishop’s Breakfast, (Bishops only), 8 a.m. at Clowes
- Consecration Choir Rehearsal, 8:30 a.m.–10:15 a.m. at Clowes
- Ordination and Consecration. The Consecration and Ordination of The Rev. Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows as the 11th Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis. Plan to arrive early. Prelude at 10:30 a.m., then two processions before beginning the 11 a.m. liturgy at Clowes.
Sunday, April 30
- Presiding Bishop Sunday Visitation, 10:30 a.m., at St. David’s, Bean Blossom
(Coming from the north, SR 135 is closed just before St. David’s. Stay on 135 and take Railroad Rd. to SR 45 and turn left to St. David’s. Here is a map. ) Please carpool to St. David’s…parking is very limited!
- Bishop’s Seating, 11 a.m., at Christ Church Cathedral, a party to follow.
Celebrating Twenty Years of Ministry as Bishop
We began this special week by celebrating twenty years of ministry with Bishop Cate Waynick. See more in the Featured News.
For her Celebration of Ministry Bishop Cate wrote a prayer. Here is that prayer accompanied by pictures of Bishop Cate throughout her ministry as the 10th Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis.
- Pray the Daily Office
- Find a Parish – By Location
- Find a Parish – By Name
- Find a Form, Directory, or Policy
- Check the Diocesan Calendar
- Register for an Event
- Get Safeguarding Information
- Make a Gift
- Find the Diocesan & Anglican Cycles of Prayer
- Find copies of the Diocesan Constitution and Canons
- Find Information on Open Positions and Transition Ministries
- NEW! Read the April Diocesan Enews Online
- Welcome to Consecration Week!
- Transitions – How to contact the bishop or the bishop-elect.
- Featured News
- Featured & Upcoming Events
- Parish & Other Milestones
- Alcohol Policy
- Light a Candle. Pray for the Nation
1100 W. 42nd Street
Indianapolis IN 46208
Diocesan office phone numbers
“In the end, love wins.” Episcopal Presiding Bishop Michael Curry Offers Affirmation and Encouragement to Small Indiana Parish Targeted with Hate Crime
Bishop Curry quickly acknowledged what the congregation had experienced back in November and affirmed the way they comported themselves and shared a witness with the country and the world. "In the end, love wins," he said. Bishop Curry said he hasn't visited a church since ...
180th Diocesan Convention
October 26-28, 2017
Location is Jeffersonville.
Many milestones were celebrated in 2016, including those of several parishes. Do you have an important milestone coming up in your parish? Share it here.
The policy on alcohol use related to diocesan and parish events was established by the Diocesan Executive Council in January 2017. View the policy here.
President Trump has taken office, but much of the tension in our nation continues. You’re invited to continue to light a virtual candle and pray for peace.