The Global Missions Commission has challenged the diocese to match its donation of $23,700 to the diocese’s mission partners in Haiti and Brazil. Donated funds will support:
- Repair of a well in Mithon, Haiti, that was damaged by Tropical Storm Grace and the earthquake that followed
- Lunches and Lessons at St. Andres School in Mithon
- A full year of operating costs for the community center at the heart of the Diocese of Brasilia’s outreach to the community in Pedregal
- Food baskets for families who rely on the community center for basic necessities.
Please give generously to support our partners in need.
We also welcome donations to individual congregations. Although congregations are not meeting in person during the COVID-19 pandemic, the work of the church continues. During this time, the bishop’s office will process online gifts on behalf of congregations, and will absorb all payment processing fees. Every dollar of a contribution will go to the congregation. If you have any questions, please contact Canon Brendan O’Sullivan-Hale.
Contributions to the Bishop’s Appeal and specific diocesan ministries are also welcome. The Episcopal Fund for Human Need (EFHD), Global Mission in Haiti and Brasilia, the Ministerial Excellence Fund*, Campus Ministries, and Waycross Camp & Conference Center receive support from both the Bishop’s Appeal and designated gifts.
* Your tax deductible gift to the Ministerial Excellence Fund will assist our clergy and seminarians so that they don’t face financial crisis alone. It ensures that our clergy’s time, energy and talent are more readily focused on building and sustaining vital congregations that serve families, neighborhoods, communities and the world.
The Ministerial Excellence Fund has been established with a generous gift from Lilly Endowment Inc. The Diocese of Indianapolis has been challenged by Lilly Endowment to match each dollar of their $250,000 gift.