Trinity, Indianapolis, has received a $20,000 Faith and Action grant from Christian Theological Seminary for Trinity House, which will offer a safe environment for 16-to-21-year-old people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. In addition to getting shelter, the youths staying at Trinity House will have access to legal services, life-skills training, assistance with education and job training, and facilitated connections to other community service agencies.
Trinity, Indianapolis, and St. Richard’s Episcopal School played a big role in hosting a variety of activities on consecration weekend, including a time for Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett to tour the Trinity Outreach Center with Bishop-Elect Jennifer the day before her ordination and consecration.
Trinity, Indianapolis hosted a popular Lenten conversation series called “REAL TALK: Community Conversations about Race.”
April 8th at St. Paul’s, Columbus, 25 women were honored for their support of their parish and community at a Luncheon sponsored by the Diocesan Episcopal Women’s Ministries Council. Bishop-Elect Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows presented their certificates.
- Carol Baum – Good Samaritan Brownsburg
- Mary Boggs – St. Alban’s, Indianapolis
- Pat Carter – St. James’, New Castle
- Dr. Carolyn Cooper – Chapel of the Good Shepherd, West Lafayette
- Karen Dickie – Christ Church Church, Madison
- Carla Ewing – St. Paul’s, Evansville
- Judith Gillespie – St. Paul’s, Columbus
- Jane Herr – St. David’s, Bean Blossom
- Rhoda Keough – St. Phillip’s, Indianapolis
- Dr. Maggie McClure – St. John’s, Lafayette
- Marie Krebs O’Neil – St. Paul’s New Albany
- Kaye Palmer – St. Matthew’s, Indianapolis
- Irene Ray – St. James’, Vincennes
- Nancy Rayfield – Trinity, Bloomington
- Dr. Jane Root – Trinity, Indianapolis
- Helen Rudesill – St. Paul’s, Indianapolis
- Susan Steigerwald –Trinity, Lawrenceburg
- Betty Whaley – Christ Church Cathedral, Indianapolis
- Carolyn Williams – St. Timothy’s, Indianapolis
- Esther Weaver for her support
- Sally Cassidy for her support
Those not able to attend:
- Suse Blasé – St. Christopher’s Church, Carmel
- Ruthie Fassnacht – St. Mark’s, Plainfield
- Carol Hubbard – St. Augustine, Danville
- Florence Caylor – Trinity, Anderson
More Pictures from the Event
An invitation from Michael Messina, Director of Music at Trinity, Indianapolis:
I invite you and your choirs to participate in the Consecration of our Bishop-elect, the Rev. Jennifer Baskerville-Burrows, on Saturday 29 April, at 11 a.m., at Clowes Memorial Hall on the campus of Butler University. Michael Boney, Director of Music at Christ Church Cathedral; Brad Hughley, Director of Music at St. Paul’s, Indianapolis; our Bishop-elect and I have chosen the music and we hope that singers and choirs from all corners of the diocese will participate as The Consecration Choir in this historic service.
The choir will rehearse Friday, April 28, from 7-9 p.m., in Clowes Hall. We will also warm up and rehearse the morning of the consecration, from 8:30 a.m.-10:15 a.m. Singers must attend BOTH of these rehearsals in order to participate.
The repertoire is:
- Vaughan Williams, O Clap Your Hands ($2.25/copy)
- Richard Smallwood, arr. Doreen Rao, Total praise ($2.15/copy)
- Wyton, This Joyful Eastertide (Out of print, I will send you a pdf copy)
- and…a WIDE VARIETY of hymns and service music
If you need to purchase any or all of these pieces, you may contact Cliff Hill of Cliff Hill Music, email@example.com, or 800-819-8772, and he will send them to you.
Please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 317-926-1346 by April 1 how many from your church will be singing, and what voice part they are, so that we might have a count and know how many are in each section.
We’re looking forward to a wonderful service, for a remarkable Bishop-elect, in an amazing diocese! Your presence will make it so!
Please let me know what questions you might have.
All the best.
Michael Messina, DMA
Director of Music
Trinity Episcopal Church
Trinity, Indianapolis, continues weekly support of the Mid-North Food Pantry, Inc., with 205 pounds of food and hygiene products just donated.
Trinity, Indianapolis, did a gi-normous parish-wide ingathering of food and other essentials for the Mid-North Food Pantry and Dayspring Center.
Mary and Joseph traveled from household to household at Trinity, Indianapolis, during Advent.
- 3243 N. Meridian St.
- Indianapolis, IN 46205
When We Meet
- Sundays at 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
- 5 p.m. Taizé, the second Sunday of each month