BLESSING OF OILS AND REAFFIRMATION OF ORDINATION VOWS
There will be two opportunities: April 1 at St. John’s, Bedford and Maundy Thursday, April 2 at the Cathedral. Click here for details.
MATCHING FUNDS FOR CENTER FOR CONGREGATIONS GRANTS
Excerpt from Executive Council minutes: “Be it resolved that a fund shall be established by the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis in the amount of $50,000 to assist parishes in funding matching grants made by the Center for Congregations.” The whole story.
ST. PHILIP’S FIRST FRIDAY COMMUNITY CONVERSATION ON GUN VIOLENCE
St. Philip’s, Indianapolis, continues its community conversation series on March 6 with IUPUI associate professor of criminal justice and director of criminal justice and public safety programs Thomas Stucky, who will talk about gun violence and gun laws. The program is free of charge and will begin at 7 p.m. at the church located at 720 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street in downtown Indianapolis.
The community conversation series began in 2014 as an education forum to open dialogue about Indianapolis crime and the possible solutions to reduce or eliminate crime in the city. St. Philip’s has had Marion County prosecutor Terry Curry; Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department police chief Rick Hite; and IMPD chaplain David Coatie speak at past forums.
Stucky is Associate Professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at IUPUI. He is a former enforcement agent for the Ohio Department of Liquor Control. He has recently engaged in several evaluations of criminal justice programs and policies in partnership with local and state agencies in central Indiana, including the Comprehensive Anti-Gang Initiative in Indianapolis.
For more information, please contact the Rev. Michelle Roos, Rector at St. Philip’s, at 317-636-1133.
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
March 8- Lent 3
The Rev. Peter Bunder
- Youth Spring Retreat, March 6–8, Waycross
- Episcopal Women’s Ministries’ Spring Luncheon, March 21, St. Paul’s Indianapolis
- Forgiveness, Reconciliation, and Reparation Of Racism, St. Philip’s March 25
- Blessing of Oils & Reaffirmation of Ordination Vows, April 1, 12 noon at St. John’s, Bedford, and April 2, 12:05 p.m. at Christ Church Cathedral
- Spring Clergy Conference, April 13–15, Waycross (Dean’s meet 1–3 p.m., last day)
- Diocesan Convention Part 1, April 25, Trinity, Bloomington
- Fall Ember Day Gathering, September 17, Interchurch Center, (Dean’s meeting following)
- Episcopal Women’s Ministries’ Fall Retreat, September 25–27, Waycross
- Diocesan Convention, Part 2, October 23–24, Wyndham Indianapolis West
- Advent Ember Day, December 10, Interchurch Center