Dear People of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis:
Thank you to all who have wished me well in my retirement. So far, I am enjoying gardening, reading for fun, gardening, and sewing–all those things I didn’t have much time for in the past.
I do know I will miss the regular interaction with the wonderful young people in our diocese. It was such a privilege to work with youth on the Youth Steering Committee and youth at Waycross. We had memorable spring and fall events as well as mission trips and service projects. It was such a joy to see these young people come together in community to worship, learn and serve.
Thank you Bishop Cate for trusting me with this responsibility. Thank you, all you adults who supported and worked with me in this ministry. Most of all, thank all of you young people who made it happen!
TENS STEWARDSHIP CONFERENCE AVAILABLE ONLINE
The 2016 TENS conference was at All Saints Episcopal Church, June 2-4, in Pasadena, California. Parts of the conference are now available for viewing on-line. Contact John Oaks for details.
LAVABO BOWL NEEDED
Peace Episcopal Church in Rockport is seeking a donation of a Lavabo Bowl. If you have one that you would be willing to donate please contact Sandy Kincaid at 812-686-2030.
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
Here is the link to the updated Diocesan Cycle of Prayers for the entire year.
For Sunday, July 3 – Proper 9
St. Andrew’s, Greencastle
The Rev. Dr. John Rumple
FUTURE DIOCESAN EVENTS (New information in red.)
- July 16: Ordination of David Guilfoyle @ Trinity Lawrenceburg 11 a.m.
- August 6: COM Information Day@ St. Paul’s, Indy 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- August 25: Planning for Tomorrow For lay staff plus spouse/partner @ St. Paul’s, Indy
- August 26-27: Planning for Tomorrow For clergy plus spouse/partner @ Westin downtown Indy
- September 8: Fall Ember Day @ Interchurch Center, time TBA
- September 13-30: Window for pre-convention deanery meetings
- September 15-17: Fresh Start Retreat @ Greencastle
- September 17: Executive Council @ Waycross
- September 30-October 2: Updated information: Episcopal Women’s Ministries Retreat: Festival of Prayer@ Waycross
- October 13-15: Walk-Abouts for bishop candidates
- October 20-22: COM Fall Retreat @ Waycross
- October 27-29: Electing Convention @ Sheraton Downtown Indy, hosted by Christ Church Cathedral (Premlininary schedule is here.)
- November 4-5: Executive Council Overnight Planning Meeting @ Waycross
- November 12: COM @ TBA
- November 15: Clergy Ember Day @ Interchurch Center, Krannert Hall. (Advent quiet day & resourcing)
- November 18-20: Youth Fall Conference
- December 8-10: Fresh Start Retreat @ Waycross
- February 10-11: Vestry College @ Waycross
- February 18: COM @TBA
- February 23-25: Fresh Start Retreat @ Waycross
- March 3-5: Youth Spring Retreat @ Waycross
- March 27-28: Bishop w/Presbyters: Ending of a Pastoral Relationship @ Waycross
- April 29: Consecration and Seating of 11th Bishop
- May 18-20: Fresh Start Retreat @ Waycross
- July 5-13: General Convention@ Austin, TX
Something you wish to have published in the Wednesday Mailbag?
Send it to email@example.com by Tuesday at noon.