PLEASE TELL US IF YOU WILL BE PRESENT
If you haven’t yet told us you will be coming to Bishop Cate’s celebration and Bishop elect Jennifer’s ordination and consecration, it is important that you take a moment and go to www.indydio.org or www.hoosierbishopXI.org and let your Transition Committee know as soon as possible. By phone, you can reply for Bishop Cate’s celebration at 317-640-5870 or for the consecration at 317-937-4286.
WAYNICK CENTER FOR YOUTH FORMATION AND CAMPING
At the request of Bishop Cate, in honor of her twenty years of service to the diocese, gifts are being collected for a Waycross project in support of youth ministry. Please click these two sites to see the details for the Waynick Center for Youth Formation and Camping: One and two.
UPDATE ON THE NEED FOR VOLUNTEERS AT THE APRIL 29 ORDINATION
Willing and able to help out in any of the areas outlined below? Contact Peggy Allen at email@example.com or 812-239-6826. All volunteers need to report to Clowes Hall by 8:30 a.m. on April 29.
- Banners… Parish banners will be processing. Each parish needs a banner bearer, banner and banner stand. Please send Peggy the name and email address of your banner bearer.
- Processional… We need crucifers and torch bearers. If you perform any of these tasks in your own parish, you are qualified! Each person will need to bring their “tools” for the task–a processional crucifix, torches, etc., AND A STAND for each item. You will also need to bring your own vestments.
- Ushers…URGENT NEED…for ushers to make sure everyone gets seated in a timely manner. We also need the ushers to assist at Communion.
- Sacristans…URGENT NEED…for Sacristans on Friday (time is yet to be determined) to assist in getting the stage turned into a sacred space. Sacristans are also needed on Saturday to set up for Eucharist and for take down and clean up afterwards.
- Clergy & Lay Eucharistic Minisiters… Communion stations will be throughout Clowes Hall. We need assistance from all of you!
THE CURRENT SCHEDULE FOR ORDINATION AND CONSECRATION
Friday, April 28
- Presiding Bishop Clergy Meeting, 10 – 11:30 a.m. at St. Richard’s School
Luncheon 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Richard’s School
Media Event for PB and Bishop Elect 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at St. Richard’s School
Rehearsal, (time To Be Determined) at Clowes Memorial Hall
- Consecration Choir Rehearsal , 7 p.m. – 9 p.m at Clowes
- Women of Color Clergy Reception, 5–7 p.m., at Christ Church Cathedral (CCC)
- Reception hosted by the Union of Black Episcopalians, 6:30–8 p.m., at CCC
Bishop’s Dinner, 7:30 p.m.–9 p.m., at Columbia Club
Saturday, April 29
- Bishop’s Breakfast, (Time To Be Determined) at Clowes
- Consecration Choir rehearsal, 8:30 –10:15 a.m. at Clowes
- Ordination and Consecration. Prelude 10:30 a.m., Liturgy 11 a.m., at Clowes
Sunday, April 30
- Presiding Bishop Sunday Visitation, 10:30 a.m., at St. David’s, Bean Blossom (Coming from the north, SR 135 is closed just before St. David’s. Stay on 135 and take Railroad Rd. to SR 45 and turn left to St. David’s. Here is a map.)
- Please carpool to St. David’s…parking is very limited!
- Bishop’s Seating, 11 a.m., at CCC, party to follow
BISHOP ELECT’S VISITATION SCHEDULE
Her visitation schedule is here on our diocesan website.
JOINING THE SANCTUARY AND SOLIDARITY NETWORK
Interested in joining an interfaith Sanctuary and Solidarity Network? One of the key ways to be involved is by being trained as a Rapid Responder. Rapid Responders are peaceful witnesses at critical events, such as a raid by ICE agents, a hate crime, or an illegal “stop and frisk” by the police. If you are interested in learning more about joining a Rapid Response Team, come to one of these Tuesday trainings:
- April 11: St. Monica’s Catholic Church, 6131 N. Michigan Rd. Indianapolis
- April 18: The Catholic Center, 1400 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis
- April 25: The Episcopal Church of All Saints, 1559 Central Ave., Indianapolis
All training begins at 7 p.m. and lasts about an hour. Contact The Rev. Suzanne Wille for more information.
BLESSING OF OILS AND REAFFIRMATION OF ORDINATION VOWS
Two services scheduled: next Wednesday, April 12, at noon, St. John’s, Bedford, and Maunday Thursday, April 13, at 12:05 p.m., Christ Church Cathedral. Complete information is here. Please, if you have not yet done so, RSVP to Sally Cassidy today.
SUMMER SCHOOL AT CTS
Christian Theological Seminary invites you to the Commissioned and Licensed Ministers’ Summer School, Monday, June 12 through Thursday, June 15. Join us for a special learning experience with Dr. Rick Lowery, on the theme of “Shalom: Creating the Beloved Community in Trump’s America.” Here is much more information.
CONTINUING ED OPPORTUNITY FOR CHILDREN’S & YOUTH MINISTRY
The Faith Forward Conference will be May 22–24, at St. James Cathedral, Chicago. This innovative gathering is designed for leaders who work in children’s and youth formation. Come hear from modern formation experts and theologians about new, innovative ways to engage children, youth, and their families in the life of your congregation. The Province V Youth Ministry Network has some scholarship funds available to help us send participants from the Diocese of Indianapolis. Interested? Learn more at https://www.faith-forward.net/ and contact Victoria Hoppes, Diocesan Coordinator of Ministries With and For Youth.
A TAXING POP QUIZ
From time to time, you may have questions regarding the taxability of gifts you give or that your congregation receives. With April 15th upon us, this may be a timely topic. Here is a pop quiz to test your knowledge. Good luck! http://www.pathwaystovitality.org/pathways-blog
WEB-BASED TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR CONGREGATIONS
Pathways to Vitality has collaborated with the Episcopal Church Foundation to provide these free, web-based training opportunities for congregations.
WAYCROSS CAMP WISH LIST
Summer camp at Waycross is approaching! Here’s a wish list of items they need: http://a.co/ej1DHqs. Purchase these items through Amazon and they will be shipped directly to Waycross. Use Amazon Smile and designate Waycross… they’ll receive a donation for each qualifying purchase!
HELP WANTED: SUMMER CREATIVE ARTS DIRECTOR AT WAYCROSS
Waycross is seeking a Creative Arts Director to serve on its summer staff. The Creative Arts Director furthers the mission and ministry of Waycross Camp by providing oversight to all creative arts programs. This includes planning activities and supervising the arts and crafts shop, as well as planning and supervising creative arts activities in other program areas. The Creative Arts Director is also responsible for monitoring maintenance and upkeep of equipment in the arts and crafts shop and training Counselors and support staff in creative arts activities as appropriate.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and hold (or be willing to obtain) First Aid and CPR certification. Previous camp experience or art education experience preferred. Apply here today! Questions? Contact Victoria Hoppes, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISSING CERTIFICATION OF VESTRY AND OTHER POSITIONS (As of 4-5-17)
|Christ Church Cathederal||Indianapolis|
|Episcopal Campus Ministry IU||Bloomington|
|St. George’s||West Terre Haute|
|St. Stephen’s||Terre Haute|
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
April 9, Palm Sunday
The Rev. Kirsteen Wilkinson
FUTURE DIOCESAN EVENTS (New information in red.)
- April 6–8
COM Spring overnight at Waycross (If your route to Waycross is SR 135 to SR45, be aware that SR135 is closed just before Bean Blossom. Detour: from SR135 take Railroad Road to SR45. Here is a map.
- April 8
Episcopal Women’s Ministries spring luncheon with Bishop Cate at St. Paul’s, Columbus, 10:30 a.m.
- April 12
Blessing of Oils & Reaffirmation of Vows at St. John’s, Bedford, noon.
- April 13
Blessing of Oils & Reaffirmation of Vows at CCC, Indy, 12:05 p.m.
- April 22
A Liturgy to Celebrate the Life and Ministry of Bishop Catherine Waynick at St. Christopher’s, Carmel, 11 a.m.
- April 22
Farewell party for Bishop Cate at Indiana State Museum, 1:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m. with substantial appetizers and sweet treats for all ages.
- April 29
Ordination/Consecration of the 11th Bishop at Clowes Memorial Hall, Butler University, Indianapolis at 11 a.m.
- April 30
Seating of the 11th Bishop of Indianapolis and Block Party, 11 a.m. at Christ Church Cathedral
- May 13
Episcopal Women’s Ministries Council at St. John’s, Lafayette, 10 a.m.
- June 3
COM Information Day at To Be Determined
- July 10–14
EYE at Edmond, OK
- September 29–October 1
Episcopal Women’s Ministries fall retreat at Waycross
- October 26–28
Diocesan Convention at Jeffersonville and New Albany
- November 17–19
Youth Fall Conference at Waycross
- July 5–13
General Convention at Austin, TX
- September 28–30
Episcopal Women’s Ministries fall retreat at Waycross
Something you wish to have published in the Wednesday Mailbag?
Send it to email@example.com by Tuesday at noon.