Evangelism is about the Great Commission—the “go… tell… and DO” part of our ministry. Connect here with tips to attract, welcome, and incorporate others into the life of your parish.
How We Can Work With You
Evangelism in the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis is about hospitality, proclamation, and growth!
If your parish would like to more effectively reach out to your community and grow, here are some services your diocese can provide.
- prepare you for growth by helping you undergo a journey of spiritual discernment and parish and community identity.
- assist you in better understanding your real mission field here in central and southern Indiana, and the needs/priorities of those who are a part of it.
- share strategies that have worked for other parishes, locally and churchwide.
- help you develop your ministry of hospitality. We can assist you in doing a self-assessment of your current hospitality, offering input from “mystery guests” and others with training in church hospitality, and help you to develop a comprehensive communication and marketing plan, including a guest assimilation strategy.
- help you develop communication and evangelism tools such as websites, branding logos, newsletters, worship bulletins, ads, brochures, media liaison strategies, and signage (including sometimes providing grants for signage).
- provide training for your ushers, greeters, evangelism committee, and others involved in parish growth.
And MUCH MORE!
To explore how your friends in the diocese may be able to help you and your parish, contact us today.
Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism
Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis
Thoughts, Ideas, Resources . . .
Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism Churchwide Social Media Sunday is a little more than two months away. NowRead More
Ever wish your congregation or ministry had a $10,000 monthly advertising budget? Well, now you do! Good Samaritan recently heardRead More
When Hospitality Transforms Lives Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook have already heard a shorter versionRead More
Broadening Your Reach With News Media Spring is a time when a lot of us host some fantastic parish events.Read More
Watch our Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis Facebook Page or the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis Facebook Group for samples. Contact Kathycopas@aol.com orRead More
So, here's the idea. An Episcopalian from a city/state outside of our diocese receives a parish's name and the nameRead More
Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism It was great to see everyone who stopped by our Communication Corner atRead More
Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism Did you ever take a walk or a drive by your church whenRead More
Social Media Sunday a Big Success Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism Congratulations,Social Media Sunday participants! The hashtags youRead More
Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism Sunday, September 25 One of the clergy in our diocese asked me aRead More
Cultivating Sunday Morning Church Guests through Community Recognition by Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism Last month, I covered aRead More
Part One: How to Attract Multiple Guests to Your Church on Sunday Mornings with Minimal Effort or Expense by Kathy CopasRead More
April Miscellany A joyous Eastertide! I'm just beginning to slide into Spring following a terrible bout of pneumonia and bronchitis.Read More
Who Do You Know—Really? by Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism About a month ago I was at a partyRead More
There have been several questions lately about digital images--what is free, what needs to be paid, and what/how photos needRead More
An Icy New Year by Kathy Copas Coordinator of Communication and Evangelism As I was rescheduling an iced-out evangelism meeting at a parishRead More