The main purpose of EFHN is to raise funds for diocesan outreach:
- to award much-needed funds to ecumenical outreach agencies (via EFHN Grants) and
- to supplement emergency assistance funds of diocesan churches, if funds are possible.
The goal is to increase funds brought in:
- so that the size of awards to requesting agencies may be larger and
- so that more agencies can be considered for EFHN grants, thereby a greater number of clients can be assisted; and
- so that funds will always be available for clergy emergency assistance.
Activities/actions taken September 2013 -September 2014 to accomplish these goals:
- August, September, early October 2013— Board members visit agencies requesting EFHN funds.
- October 2013—allocation of EFHN funds collected in the 2013 campaign (kickoff for the fund drive is Pentecost Sunday each year) to agencies throughout our diocese which submitted grant applications to supplement their 2014 budgets. Twenty-seven agencies, located throughout six deaneries, received assistance in the amount of $30,150.
- April 16, 2014—Board Meeting to review 2013 activities, to plan for the 2014 in-gathering/campaign and to have a discussion concerning the Cooperating Ministries.
- April 29, 2014—Marsha Gebuhr and Mary Ann Sodrel presented info about EFHN and distributed “Kampaign (fund raising) Kits” to clergy attending the Clergy Conference at Waycoss. Those unable to attend received “Kits” by mail.
- Pentecost (June 8, 2914)—Diocesan-wide in-gathering for EFHN.
- June 2014—mailing of EFHN grant application forms to requesting agencies.
- August/September 2014—board members schedule visits with the agencies that request money from EFHN. EFHN is the outreach of the Diocese of Indianapolis.
- September 30, 2014—allocation meeting to award funds for agency 2015 budgets. Thirty-two agencies submitted grant applications.
Membership of Committee/Commission/Board:
- Randy Bridges (St. David’s, Beanblossom)
- Janet King Doane (Christ Church Cathedral)
- Canon Marsha Gebuhr (Diocesan Staff)
- The Rev. Steve Fales (St. Christopher’s, Carmel)
- Archdeacon Ronald Goldfarb (St. Thomas, Franklin)
- Stephanie Mannon Grabow (St. Christopher’s, Carmel)
- Nancy Rayfield (Trinity, Bloomington)
- The Rev. Michelle Roos (St. Philip’s, Indianapolis)
- Don Sodrel (St. Paul’s, New Albany)
- Mary Ann Sodrel, Chair (St. Paul’s, New Albany)
WE TRULY NEED BOARD MEMBERS. PRAYERFULLY CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY. A JOB DESCRIPTION CAN BE PROVIDED. CONTACT MARY ANN SODREL, 812/945-0825.