KIM SMITH CHRISTOPHER, CONGRATULATIONS!
Kim is now Kim Christopher…which means that her email address is now Christopher@indydio.org.
UPDATED INFO: TRANSGENDER DAY OF REMEMBRANCE
Hosted by Sanctuary at Christ Church Cathedral, Thursday, November 19 at 7 p.m. Here is the updated information.
OPEN ENROLLMENT NOW
A reminder to all active clergy and your lay employees the open enrollment period through the Medical Trust is from November 4 to November 20, 2015. You should have received your letter from the Medical Trust if you are currently under a plan. Please follow the instructions and go online to make any changes or corrections and finalize your 2016 selection.
BISHOP SEARCH HOLY CONVERSATIONS
Come share your thoughts, hopes, and dreams for the future of our diocese and our search for our next Bishop in four upcoming conversations this week:
- Thursday, November 12: Online at 7 p.m. (Register in advance here)
- Saturday, November 14: Christ Church, Madison at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, November 14: St. Paul’s, Evansville at 2 p.m. (Central time)
- Sunday, November 15: St. Christopher’s, Carmel at 2 p.m.
For more information, visit our website or email us!
CECILIA FESTIVAL AT CHRIST CHURCH MADISON
Christ Church Madison is presenting its second annual St. Cecilia Day festival, honoring the patron saint of musicians, on Friday, November 20, 7:30 p.m. The evening will include a newly-commissioned jazz work by James Stanley, choral music, poetry, liturgical drama, and a congregational hymn sing. A gala reception will follow. Admission is free but a freewill offering will be accepted. For more information, go to www.cecmadison.org.
NEEDED: A LITTLE HELP FOR THE BOY SCOUTS
Danny Bachman, the Diocesan Coordinator/Chair for Boy Scouts needs help reaching out to the parishes outside of the local Crossroads Of America Council. Any parish with a Boy Scouts Of America program please contact Danny, 224-500-9024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARK’S DRAMA PRESENTS “THE HOMECOMING”
“The Homecoming” by Earl Hamner is based on his autobiographical writings about love, pride, faith, and survival in rural America during the Great Depression. More about the play and author is here!
Two performances: December 19 and 20 at the church. Make your family’s reservations by calling St. Mark’s, Plainfield, 317-839-6730 or by email email@example.com.
LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING, EVANSVILLE
If you are planning on (or have anyone interested) in attending the next Lay Eucharistic Visitor’s training session December 5, (Time – TBA) at St. Paul’s, Evansville, please register by emailing The Rev. Larry Minter.
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
November 15 Proper 28
Shared Ministry of St. John’s, Washington and St. James, Vincennes
The Rev. Dennis Latta, The Rev. Mary Becker, Deacon
FUTURE DIOCESAN EVENTS
- Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross, November 20–22
- LEV Training, December 5, St. Paul’s, Evansville, Time TBD
- Advent Ember Day, December 10, Interchurch Center
- LEV Training, Nativity, Indianapolis, December 12, 2–4 p.m.
- Lenten Ember Day, February 18, Crispus Attucks Museum
- Vestry College, February 19–20, Waycross
- DiocesanYouth Spring Retreat at Waycross, March 4–6
- Spring Clergy Conference, April 4–6, Waycross
- Consecration and Seating of 11th Bishop, April 29, 2017
Something you wish to have published in the Wednesday Mailbag?
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday at noon.