- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- A Message from Bishop Waynick on Same Gender Marriage in Indiana
- Bishop Cate Attends House of Bishops Meeting in Taiwan
- Bishop Waynick Has Papal Audience
- Bishop's Ash Wednesday Reflection on a Holy Lent (2015)
- Concerning the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (2015)
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - 2016
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- 177th Diocesan Convention Emphasizes “Holy Currencies”
- 178th Diocesan Convention, Part 1
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Office of Communication & Evangelism
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Social Media
- Partner Dioceses
- Donate to the Dioceses of Bor and Brasilia
- Donate to South Sudan Relief Efforts
- Diocese of Bor
- Diocese of Brasilia
- Partner News
- May 2013 - Partner News and Photos
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Partner Dioceses
- May 14 - Confirmation:All Diocesan
- May 17 - Confirmation:Southwest Deanery
- May 30 - Confirmation: Southeast Deanery
- Jun 06 Commission on Ministry Information Day
- Jun 20-21 - Executive Council
- Sep 17 - Fall 2015 Ember Day Gathering
- Sep 19 - Executive Council
- Sep 25 - Episcopal Women's Ministries' Fall Retreat
- Oct 23 - Diocesan Convention Part 2
- Nov 07 - Executive Council
- Dec 10 - Advent Ember Day
- Feb 2016 - Lenten Ember Day
- April 4-6, 2016 - Spring Clergy Conference
- Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross
- Youth Spring Retreat at Waycross
- Report a Problem or Request a Change
- Admin Help
Diocese of Brasilia
Here is some general information about our partnership and current work in the Diocese of Brasilia including opportunities for action in your parish. The Global Missions Commission of the Diocese of Indianapolis facilitates this partnership as well as the one with the Diocese of Bor in the global three-way relationship between Bor, Indianapolis and Brasilia and organizes and raises funds for partnership travel between the churches in Sudan and Brazil.
More information about our global mission partnerships is available at our diocesan website on the Global Missions Commision page.
- Pray for the people of the Diocese of Brasilia (Brazil) and their bishop, Mauricio Andrade, and the congregations of the three parishes and nine mission stations.
- Pray for Casa A+, the newly opened HIV/Aids hospitality center in Palmas.
- Pray that people who travel to hospitals and doctors for HIV treatment can enjoy rest and fellowship within a caring community.
- Pray for SAME, the after-school tutoring program which provides extra support for children in communities with very poor educational systems.
Pray for the people, clergy, and bishops of congregations in Indianapolis and Brasilia that we may learn more about one another, deepen friendships and listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying to each of us.
The Anglican Episcopal Church of Brazil is also a province of the Anglican Communion. The Most Rev’d Mauricio Andrade is the Primate of Brazil and Bishop of the Diocese of Brasilia. Mission priorities of the Diocese of Brasilia include ministry with young people, advocacy for outcasts, spiritual formation of lay members, and congregational self-sufficiency. The diocesan website,www.dab.ieab.org.br, features an English button which translates information into English.
Supporting local congregations as they grow and supporting their missions to expand educational support for children is a priority in the Diocese of Brasilia.
- Urge your congregations to support – with prayer, knowledge and giving – the work of the church in Brazil.
- Urge political leaders in the United States and the United Nations to support social and economic justice in Brazil.
Congregations and individuals are encouraged to support our mission partners financially. To give, you may write a check to the Diocese of Indianapolis for Brasilia in Brazil.
Contributions may be sent to the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis at 1100 W. 42d St., Indianapolis IN 46208. Your donations will be sent directly to our partner churches to support these programs. The Global Mission Commission of our diocese has expertise and experience to help you develop fundraising and education programs.
SOME SPECIFIC NEEDS:
|SAME after school programs||$350
per child per year
|A+ House for HIV patients||$750
per month operating expenses
|Lay Christian Education program||$3,000
per session for transportation and food