- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- A Message from Bishop Waynick on Same Gender Marriage in Indiana
- Bishop Cate Attends House of Bishops Meeting in Taiwan
- Bishop Waynick Has Papal Audience
- Bishop's Ash Wednesday Reflection on a Holy Lent (2015)
- Concerning the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (2015)
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - 2016
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- 177th Diocesan Convention Emphasizes “Holy Currencies”
- 178th Diocesan Convention, Part 1
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Office of Communication & Evangelism
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Social Media
- Partner Dioceses
- Donate to the Dioceses of Bor and Brasilia
- Donate to South Sudan Relief Efforts
- Diocese of Bor
- Diocese of Brasilia
- Partner News
- May 2013 - Partner News and Photos
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Partner Dioceses
- May 14 - Confirmation:All Diocesan
- May 17 - Confirmation:Southwest Deanery
- May 30 - Confirmation: Southeast Deanery
- Jun 06 Commission on Ministry Information Day
- Jun 20-21 - Executive Council
- Sep 17 - Fall 2015 Ember Day Gathering
- Sep 19 - Executive Council
- Sep 25 - Episcopal Women's Ministries' Fall Retreat
- Oct 23 - Diocesan Convention Part 2
- Nov 07 - Executive Council
- Dec 10 - Advent Ember Day
- Feb 2016 - Lenten Ember Day
- April 4-6, 2016 - Spring Clergy Conference
- Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross
- Youth Spring Retreat at Waycross
- Report a Problem or Request a Change
- Admin Help
Diocese of Bor
Here is some general information about our partnership and current work in the Diocese of Bor including opportunities for action in your parish. The Global Missions Commission of the Diocese of Indianapolis facilitates this partnership as well as the one with the Diocese of Bor in the global three-way relationship between Bor, Indianapolis and Brasilia and organizes and raises funds for partnership travel between the churches in Sudan and Brazil.
More information about our global mission partnerships is available at our diocesan website on the Global Missions Commision page.
- Pray for the people of the Diocese of Bor (Republic of South Sudan) and their new bishop, Ruben Akurdit, elected in May and enthroned in June following the retirement of Bishop Nathaniel Garang.
- Pray for the Church as it supports the peace process after the founding of the new Republic of South Sudan, whose people voted to split from the government of the north.
- Pray for Episcopalians in congregations and households throughout the Diocese of Bor.
- Pray for peace and social stability as they rebuild communities throughout the nation.
Pray for the people, clergy, and bishops of congregations in Indianapolis and Bor that we may learn more about one another, deepen friendships and listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying to each of us.
The Episcopal Church in Sudan is a province of the worldwide Anglican Communion and Episcopalians live, worship and work all across the two Sudans. The Diocese of Indianapolis has supported people-to-people relationships in the Diocese of Bor (Republic of South Sudan) for more than a decade. Congregations in Indiana have supported drilling for water wells, construction of several primary schools, and the work of the Malek Bible School, where the Diocese of Bor educates its clergy. Educating clergy is a priority for the Diocese of Bor since clergy are key community leaders during this time of transition in the country. See bor.anglican.org for more information.
Building peace and the economy, supporting the development of social structures and assisting in the spread of the Church throughout South Sudan is a priority of the Diocese of Bor.
- Urge your congregations to support – with prayer, knowledge and giving – the work of the church in Sudan.
- Urge political leaders in the United States and the United Nations to support peace processes in Sudan.
Congregations and individuals are encouraged to support our mission partners financially. To give, you may write a check to the Diocese of Indianapolis for Bor in South Sudan.
Contributions may be sent to the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis at 1100 W. 42d St., Indianapolis IN 46208. Your donations will be sent directly to our partner churches to support these programs. The Global Mission Commission of our diocese has expertise and experience to help you develop fundraising and education programs.
SOME SPECIFIC NEEDS:
Community water well
per well head drilling pump & training
Malek Bible College
per session (two sessions per year) OR
Malek Bible College
per month for annual support
A video message from Bishop Cate about the crisis in Sudan.
This rather full report will provide important information about the situation in South Sudan. Please remember to include Bor…