- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- A Message from Bishop Waynick on Same Gender Marriage in Indiana
- Bishop Cate Attends House of Bishops Meeting in Taiwan
- Bishop Waynick Has Papal Audience
- Bishop's Ash Wednesday Reflection on a Holy Lent (2015)
- Concerning the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (2015)
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - 2016
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- 177th Diocesan Convention Emphasizes “Holy Currencies”
- 178th Diocesan Convention, Part 1
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Office of Communication & Evangelism
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Social Media
- Partner Dioceses
- Donate to the Dioceses of Bor and Brasilia
- Donate to South Sudan Relief Efforts
- Diocese of Bor
- Diocese of Brasilia
- Partner News
- May 2013 - Partner News and Photos
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Partner Dioceses
- May 14 - Confirmation:All Diocesan
- May 17 - Confirmation:Southwest Deanery
- May 30 - Confirmation: Southeast Deanery
- Jun 06 Commission on Ministry Information Day
- Jun 20-21 - Executive Council
- Sep 17 - Fall 2015 Ember Day Gathering
- Sep 19 - Executive Council
- Sep 25 - Episcopal Women's Ministries' Fall Retreat
- Oct 23 - Diocesan Convention Part 2
- Nov 07 - Executive Council
- Dec 10 - Advent Ember Day
- Feb 2016 - Lenten Ember Day
- April 4-6, 2016 - Spring Clergy Conference
- Report a Problem or Request a Change
- Admin Help
Thanks to Mary Stanley for sharing this thought:
"A man there was, though some did count him mad, the more he cast away, the more he had." John Runyan from The Pilgram's Progress
Diocesan Staff Contact: John Oaks
The Society of the Magi
THE SOCIETY OF THE MAGI
The Society of The Magi was created by the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis as an umbrella legacy society to promote and support the faithful stewardship of God's gifts and resources. All who have named their church (or other Episcopal institution) as a beneficiary in their estate plans belong to the legacy society of the beneficiary church or institution first and The Society of The Magi second. All who have made such provisions are invited to join the Society by notifying us of the gift, regardless of the size.
Help us identify those who have already made such provisions in their estates. May we come and talk with your congregation about planned gifts?
The fruits of a planned gift go to the beneficiary church or institution. No funds go to the diocese unless the diocese is a named beneficiary.
For the current membership list, please click here.
God the Giver: 2015 Stewardship Narrative Series
Again this year, thanks to the diocese being a member of The Episcopal Network for Stewardship (TENS), there is a “turnkey” financial pledge campaign ready for use in each of our churches this fall. It includes newsletter and bulletin inserts, discussion questions and everything else you need for your annual campaign team to be successful.
Contact John Oaks, or 317-926-5454 / 800-669-5786 for the password. The link to the 2015 Stewardship Narrative Series: www.tens.org/resources/member-resources/.
Our vision: That all of God’s people will have grateful and generous hearts.
Our mission: Through modeling, teaching, and providing practical assistance, to encourage the people of our diocese to have grateful and generous hearts.
In pursuit of our vision and mission we…
- …in coordination with The Episcopal Church Foundation, continued the planned giving initiative, “Planned Giving in a Box” as it changed into “Planned Giving on Demand”.
- …provided the TENS “Walking the Way” conference to the diocese by webcast.
- …made provisions for financial stewardship materials for each congregation.
- …worked with individual congregations on annual financial stewardship campaigns.
- …kept stewardship information on the web page up to date with information including The Society of The Magi, services available, and links to stewardship issues.
- …provided stewardship assistance to Diocese of Indianapolis congregations.
- …provided workshops on Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns and Annual Campaigns.
- …offered webinars on Planned Giving
- …participated in the Planned Giving Group of Indiana programs
The Society of the Magi, the diocesan planned giving program, is open to all who have named an Episcopal congregation, ministry or program in their estate plans. The size of the gift is not an issue. Those who have made such provisions are invited to join the Society by notifying John Vernon Oaks of the gift at: 800-669-5786 or 317-926-5454 ext. 7, or