THE GROUND RULES…
1. Pair up with someone you know LEAST well in the room.
2. For ten minutes, talk to this person about your faith and your church.
3. The listener does nothing but listen. (This is not a conversation!)
4. At the leader’s signal, switch roles for another ten minutes. Some topics to get you started (pick and choose, as needed, but talk about whatever you want---there is no protocol here!):
1. What is your basic life story when it comes to your faith?
2. Why do you believe you ultimately ended up in the Episcopal Church?
3. What is your own parish like? What are the three things you like best about it?
4. What things do you know for sure about your faith? What are you still struggling with?
5. What is your prayer life like right now?
6. How do you prepare yourself for the Holy Eucharist?
7. Are you engaging in a Lenten discipline? If so, what?
8. Who has most influenced your faith journey?
9. What piece of scripture do you often turn to when you are going through a difficult time?
10. What book, other than the Bible and Book of Common Prayer, has most influenced you spiritually?
11. Name a time when you felt closest to God and a time when you felt most distant.
12. How are you, personally, living out the Great Commission as part of your walk in faith?
IDEA: You can switch off more than once with storytelling partners, allowing people to get to know even more of their fellow parishioners in-depth. And, you can extend the time to as much as 20 or 30 minutes a person.
TALKING ABOUT YOUR FAITH---A GAME
These exercises are great for adult church school time or a mid-week gathering. Copy and cut these scenarios apart and place them in a basket. Invite two volunteers to come forward, pull out a piece of paper, and role play the scenario. After the role play on each situation, invite the group to suggest other approaches and talk about what was especially helpful.
- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - Pre-Convention Budget Documents Now Available
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Vestry College February 21-22, 2014
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Post and Share
- Partner Dioceses
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Confirmation: Northwest Deanery
- Spring Clergy Conference
- Pathways to Vitality: Wrap up Event
- Confirmation: Southeast Deanery
- 2014 Commission on Ministry Information Day
- Confirmation:Northeast Deanery
- Confirmation: North Central Deanery
- Confirmation: South Central Deanery/All Diocesan
- Confirmation: Mid Central Deanery
- TENS Conference, June 6-7, Atlanta, GA
- Confirmation: Southwest Deanery
- Executive Council Meeting - June
- Deacons and Deacons in Formation Retreat
- Episcopal Youth Event
- Fall Ember Day
- Executive Council Meeting - September
- Commission on Ministry - Fall Gathering
- Diocesan Convention 2014
- Executive Council Meeting - November
- Advent Ember Day
- LEV Training
- LEV Training
- Diocesan Leadership Day - Holy Currencies