- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - Pre-Convention Budget Documents Now Available
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Vestry College February 21-22, 2014
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Post and Share
- Partner Dioceses
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Confirmation: Northwest Deanery
- Spring Clergy Conference
- Pathways to Vitality: Wrap up Event
- Confirmation: Southeast Deanery
- Confirmation:Northeast Deanery
- Confirmation: North Central Deanery
- Confirmation: South Central Deanery/All Diocesan
- Confirmation: Mid Central Deanery
- TENS Conference, June 6-7, Atlanta, GA
- Confirmation: Southwest Deanery
- Executive Council Meeting - June
- Deacons and Deacons in Formation Retreat
- Episcopal Youth Event
- Fall Ember Day
- Executive Council Meeting - September
- Commission on Ministry - Fall Gathering
- Diocesan Convention 2014
- Executive Council Meeting - November
- Advent Ember Day
Mission & Ministries
Mission and Ministries in the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis
We recognize that each member has unique gifts and talents, which we nurture for the ministry of service through education, Christian formation, and our worship in the Anglican tradition. We affirm that all our abilities come to us as gifts from God, and that our call is to be faithful stewards of them, both in the Church and in the world. We understand that when we serve others intentionally and faithfully in the world we are also serving the Christ among us. We invite you to join us in discovering "life as ministry."
The Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis maintains opportunities for worship, making connections, providing service to others, and just plain fun on college campuses throughout central and southern Indiana.
Christian Formation is the continual process that gives purpose and meaning to our lives as followers of Christ.
The ordained ministry of a Deacon is first and foremost about mobilizing the Church for mission and service. But, there's much more, as well. Visit the Deacons site and discover more about this exciting ministry. Do you know someone who may have a gift for the ministry of the diaconate? Could that someone be you?!
When personal or community disasters strike, when there is need, where there is suffering, these ministries are at the forefront.
Episcopal Women's Ministries (formerly Episcopal Church Women (ECW)) are women of all ages, ethnic origins and socioeconomic backgrounds in the Episcopal Church USA, who choose to participate.
Evangelism is about the Great Commission---the “go… tell… and DO” part of our ministry. Connect here with tips to attract, welcome, and incorporate others into the life of your parish.
The Global Missions Commission nurtures our partner relationships with the Diocese of Bor (South Sudan) and the Diocese of Brasilia, as well as coordinates work with the Diocese of Haiti.
Integrity John Steele from St. John's, Washington, is the Integrity network coordinator for the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis. Integrity is a national organization dedicated to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and advocating the radical hospitality practiced by Christ---encouraging everyone to welcome and celebrate the exuberant diversity of God's Creation. You can find out more by contacting John at
Each parish member and each congregation has gifts and resources that can make the world more loving and more just. Need help to discern your own or your congregation's unique mission, or to gather the people and the tools to do God's work, or to develop partnerships in your community, or information on how to minister to others as a lay person? Here are resources that can help.
Stewardship is about how we use and employ God’s resources that are entrusted to us.
The diocesan Transition Ministries are here for parishes during a period of congregational change---such as the time following the departure of the rector.
Young Adult Ministries bring together young adults from all corners of the diocese for worship, connections, discussion, and fun.
Youth have a special ministry in the diocese, with opportunities for worship, conferences and retreats, camp, mission activities, and lots of fun. Dontie Fuller serves as the the diocese's Coordinator of Ministries With and For Youth.