- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - Pre-Convention Budget Documents Now Available
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- 177th Diocesan Convention (2014)
- Call to Convention
- Call for Proposed Changes to the Canons or Constitution
- Call for Resolutions
- Proposed Resolutions & Amendments
- Call for Reports to Convention by Committee/Commissions
- Program, Committee, and Task Force Reports
- Convention Host Dinner - Oct 2014 - Grace Church Parish
- Pre-Convention Deanery Meetings
- 2015 Budget - Convention Version
- Submit a Nomination
- Convention Schedule
- Youth Presence at Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Youth Will Practice “GracEconomics” at Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- IndyDio on the Web
- Partner Dioceses
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Episcopal Women's Ministries Fall Retreat - Sep 26, 2014
- Pre-Convention Mid-Central Deanery Meeting & Dinner - Sep 25, 2014
- Pre-Convention Southeast Deanery Council Meeting - Sep 28, 2014
- Pre-Convention South Central Deanery Council Dinner & Meeting - Sep 30, 2014
- Pre-Convention North Central Deanery Meeting - Sep 30, 2014
- Pre-Convention Northeast Deanery Council - Sep 30, 2014
- Commission on Ministry: Fall 2014 Gathering - Oct 2, 2014
- Pre-Convention Southwest Deanery Meeting - Oct 7, 2014
- LEV Training - Oct 18, 2014
- Civil Discourse in America - Oct 22, 2014
- Diocesan Convention 2014
- Convention Host Dinner - Oct 2014 - Grace Church Parish
- Anti-racism Training - Nov 1, 2014
- Youth Fall Conference - Nov 20, 2014
- Executive Council Meeting - Nov 7, 2014
- Advent Ember Day - Dec 11, 2014
- Trinity Institute - Jan 21 2015
- Vestry College - Feb 2015
- Lenten Ember Day Gathering - Feb 2015
- Diocesan Youth Spring Retreat - Mar 2015
- Spring Clergy Conference - Apr 2015
- Fall Ember Day Gathering - Sep 2015
- Advent Ember Day - Dec 2015
- Holy Currencies Training, Oct 24, 2014
- Growing Episcopal Churches Training - Nov 4, 2014
For submissions, subscriptions, address changes, please contact:
September 17, 2014
TRAINING DAY: GROWING EPISCOPAL CHURCHES...TIME CORRECTION!
Canon Bruce Gray will offer a repeat of his September "Growing Episcopal Churches" training day that was held at St. Thomas. The repeat program will be hosted by St. Christopher's, Carmel, November 4, 6:30 p.m. It is open to everyone in the diocese.
Bruce will be talking about the particular ways in which Episcopal Churches grow in membership and how to apply those techniques to congregations both larger and smaller within our diocese. Topics he will cover include: who is typically drawn to Episcopal Churches, how should we welcome first timers, and how do we let go of old ways as part of inviting and welcoming new people.
Dinner will cost $5 (paid for at St. Christopher's). Reservations are requested and can be made through the diocesan website. Contact Bruce at
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR DR. BOBBY FONG
Sunday, September 28, at 1 p.m. at Butler University. Here is the invitation.
PANELISTS NAMED FOR EPISCOPAL CHURCH FORUM: Civil Discourse in America: Finding Common Ground for the Greater Good
Political, interfaith and education leaders will offer provocative insights and views during the discussion on Civil Discourse in America: Finding Common Ground for the Greater Good on October 22.
Produced by The Episcopal Church, the 90-minute live webcast will originate from historic Christ Church, Philadelphia, the birthplace of the Episcopal Church and the home of our country's beginnings. In partnership with the Diocese of Pennsylvania, Civil Discourse in America will begin at 2 p.m. EDST.
The moderator will be journalist and commentator Paul Brandeis Raushenbush,Executive Religion Editor, Huffington Post.
Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori will present the keynote address.
Two panel discussions will focus on main themes: Civil discourse and faith; and Civil discourse in politics and policy. Panelists include:
- David Boardman, Dean of the School of Media and Communication, Temple University. He serves as president of the American Society of News Editors and chairs the National Advisory Board of the Poynter Institute for Media Studies in Florida. He is an accomplished investigative journalist, past Executive Editor of the Seattle Times, and a four-time Pulitzer Prize jurist.
- Dr. John J. DeGioia, President of Georgetown University. He is Chair of the Board of Directors of the Forum for the Future of Higher Education, serves on the Boards of the Carnegie Corporation, the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities and the Executive Committee of the Council on Competitiveness. He is nationally recognized as an advocate for civil discourse and a commitment to the common good.
- Rabbi Steve Gutow, President and CEO of the Jewish Council on Public Affairs. A trustee of Faith in Public Life, which helps shape public debates and advance faith as a positive and unifying force for justice, compassion and the common good, he has been recognized as one of the country's most influential Jewish leaders.
- Hugh Forrest, Director of the South by Southwest Interactive Festival, which each year brings together more than 30,000 creative professionals from around the world to foster a global community of ideas and creativity. TIME Magazine refers to him as an "interactive agent," ushering new, groundbreaking technology into the popular culture that changes the way we share, learn and think.
- Dr. Carolyn J. Lukensmeyer, Executive Director of the National Institute on Civil Discourse and a leader in the field of deliberative democracy. She founded AmericaSpeaks, which promotes nonpartisan initiatives to engage citizens and leaders through innovative public policy tools and strategies. Dr. Lukensmeyer also has served as a consultant to the White House Chief of Staff and as a chief of staff for Ohio's governor, the first woman in this capacity.
- Dr. Elizabeth McCloskey, President and CEO of The Faith & Politics Institute, a national organization devoted to advancing reflective leadership among members of Congress and congressional staff to bridge the divides that arise in a thriving democracy. She has taught and published numerous articles and book chapters on faith, ethics and politics, and is a former columnist for Commonweal magazine.
- Bishop Prince Singh of the Episcopal Diocese of Rochester, NY. Bishop Singh is a frequent contributor to regional and national publications on topics related to accepting and embracing people with views and beliefs other than his own. (Additional panelists will be announced later).
The Forum: There is no fee to view the live webcast. The webcast will be viewablehere as well as YouTube. Registration is not required for the live webcast.
The forum will be available on-demand following the live webcast and is ideal for live group watching and discussion, or on-demand viewing later. It will be appropriate for Sunday School, discussions groups, and community gatherings.
Resources such as bibliography, on-demand video, materials for community and individual review, discussion questions, and lesson plans will be available.
DIOCESAN YOUTH WILL PRACTICE "GRACECONOMICS" AT CONVENTION
For the past five years, the youth in the diocese have conducted a Book Sale for the convenience of delegates to purchase books from Church Publishing and other publishers with book titles relevant to their spiritual lives and their work in the Church. It has also served as the Diocesan Youth's fundraiser for the Episcopal Youth Event, which happens every three years.
This year, the young people will be charging anywhere from zero to the retail price of the book, depending on the purchasers ability to pay. It would be great for clients to pay close to the upper end of the range so that we can provide books to persons who have little or no financial resources.
This concept is described in Eric Law's Holy Currencies, which you may already own. If not, it will be at the book table, along with Eric Law's other titles. Popular resources and books of other authors will also be available. Questions? Dontie Fuller, Coordinator of Ministries With and For Youth.
Registration is open via the diocesan website for the Diocesan Anti-Racism Training on November 1, 10 a.m., in the Interfaith Center (where the diocesan office is located). All clergy and lay leaders are asked to attend. An alternative is attending the Diocese of Southern Ohio training on Saturday, December 13 at their Proctor Center (see their diocesan website to sign up). The Anti-Racism Committee will offer further trainings when diocesan volunteers are trained to do so, but the bishop expects clergy and lay leaders to attend either the November 1 or December 13 trainings.
WANT TO HOST A DIOCESAN TRAINING?
If you see a diocesan training event that you would like offered closer to home, simply contact Canon Bruce Gray with an offer of hosting by your congregation. Vestry Essentials was an encore of Vestry College offered at St. Stephen's. New Harmony and the Growing Episcopal Churches is coming to St. Christopher's because of their offer to host, to name just two examples. Other diocesan staff, as well as skilled presenters from around the diocese, are also willing to travel and share what they know with your congregation and its surrounding parishes. So just because an interesting event is too far away does not mean it is out of reach!
2015 RECOMMENDED CLERGY COMPENSATION GUIDELINES
The Personnel Policy and Compensation Committee issued the new 2015 Recommended Clergy Compensation Guidelines approved by the Executive Council on September 13. They may be found in on line documents here on our webpage. We welcome comments or questions which may be sent to the Canon for Administration at .
The Personnel Policy & Compensation Committee has updated the basic benefits provided by the diocese for 2015 and the Executive Council approved the changes. More information will be sent soon and added to the web site in regards to the 2015 open enrollment period for medical and dental plans. The document is found at http://indydio.org/diocese2012/find-resource/benefits-information/.
DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION EXPANDS---STAY INFORMED!
As Diocesan Convention nears, nominations, resolutions, and reports continue to be posted at www.indydio.org. Please check back often.
UP NEXT...ACCESS ACS: "GROUPS" WHICH ONE TO USE?
Your diocese has a deal with ACS to allow all of our churches using ACS software to view unlimited webinars for training purposes thru July 2015. The next one, "What Groups Should I Use?", is Friday, September 26, 11 a.m. EDT. Even if your church does not currently use ACS software, you can access this webinar. Here are directions to webinar schedules and registration using the diocesan site number:https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9fcfq5ktlgos7u/ACS%20Webinar%20Instructions.pdf
If your church currently uses ACS you have your own site number but if you use your site number you will be billed a $39 webinar fee! So... be sure to use the diocesan site number that is in the instructions!
Share this information with those who may wish to enjoy further training or seeing what ACS has to offer. Feedback please!
One volunteer from each parish to participate in a Parish Communicators group on Facebook. Right now, this group is discussing proposed redesign of the diocesan website and considering sample homepage prototypes. Please join us! Private message Kathy Copas on Facebook for add or call 502-345-6406 for more information.
MORE MYSTERY GUESTS NEEDED
Would you like to visit a diocesan parish other than your own (with the knowledge of their clergy) and assist their parish leadership by evaluating everything from welcome to worship? We have additional parishes wanting mystery guests and need more trained mystery guests to help serve them! Mileage paid, training provided. Interested? Or, would you like to have a mystery guest visit you?! Contact or call 502-345-6406.
THE "WEDNESDAY MAILBAG" AND YOU
Know someone who needs to know what you have seen in the Mailbag? Share it! Know someone who should be getting this information each week? Got an item you wish to have published? Let us know at . (We do need your submission by Tuesday noon.) Need to talk with a real live person about the Mailbag? John Oaks, diocesan office, extension 7.
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
September 21, Proper 20, St. Matthew's, Indianapolis
The Rev. Mark Van Wassenhove
FUTURE EVENTS FOR 2014:
- Mid-Central Deanery Meeting, Sep 25, Light meal served at 6:15. Meeting 7-8 p.m., St. John's, Speedway
- Episcopal Women's Ministries Fall Retreat, Sep 26-28 at Waycross
- South East Deanery Meeting, Sep 28, 2-4 p.m., Christ Church Madison
- North East Deanery Pre-Convention Meeting, Grace Church, Muncie, Sep 30, 6 p.m. (begins with dinner).
- South Central Deanery Pre-Convention Meeting, Sep 30, 6 p.m. begins with dinner at CCC, Indianapolis.
- North Central Deanery Pre-Convention Meeting, Sep 30, 7 p.m., St. Christopher's, Carmel
- Southwest Deanery, October 7, 6 pm (CDST), St. John's, Mt. Vernon
- LEV Training, October 18, 1- 4 p.m., St. St. Stephen's, Terre Haute
- Civil Discourse in America: Finding Common Ground for Greater Good, Oct 22
- Diocesan Convention, Oct 23-25, hosted by Grace Church, Muncie
- Holy Currencies training, Oct 24, 10-5 p.m., Horizon Convention Center, Muncie
- Anti-Racism Training, Nov 1, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Interchurch Center
- Growing Episcopal Churches training, St. Christopher's, Carmel, Nov 4, 6:30 p.m.
- Diocesan Youth Fall Conference, Nov 21-23, Waycross
- Advent Ember Day, Dec 11, 10 - 3 p.m., Interchurch Center
TRAINING DAY: GROWING EPISCOPAL CHURCHES... (TIME CORRECTION!), MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR DR. BOBBY FONG, PANELISTS NAMED FOR EPISCOPAL CHURCH FORUM, DIOCESAN YOUTH WILL PRACTICE "GRACECONOMICS" AT CONVENTION, ANTI-RACISM TRAINING, WANT TO HOST A DIOCESAN TRAINING?, 2015 RECOMMENDED CLERGY COMPENSATION GUIDELINES, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION EXPANDS---STAY INFORMED!, UP NEXT...ACCESS ACS: "GROUPS" WHICH ONE TO USE?, STILL SEEKING..., MORE MYSTERY GUESTS NEEDED, THE "WEDNESDAY MAILBAG" AND YOU DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
DEANERY MEETINGS UPDATE, TRAINING DAY: GROWING EPISCOPAL CHURCHES, BENEFIT FOR ST. THOMAS CLINIC, MENTAL HEALTH BASICS FOR LIFE AND MINISTRY: WHAT EVERY PASTOR NEEDS TO KNOW, HOLY CURRENCIES TRAINING FOR ALL AT DIOCESAN CONVENTION, STILL SEEKING... , MORE MYSTERY GUESTS NEEDED, THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS FOR 2014
DEANERY MEETINGS UPDATE, CHRISTOPHER BEASLEY TO BE ORDAINED THIS SATURDAY, FESTIVAL OF FAITHS...THIS SUNDAY!, DEADLINE FOR EMBER DAY REGISTRATION, MEDIA MONDAY AND PARISH COMMUNICATORS GROUP FOCUSES ON DIOCESAN WEBSITE, THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG, YOUTH FALL CONFERENCE, EFM AT ST. TIMOTHY'S, INDY , HELP WANTED: CUSTODIAN ASSISTANT AT ST. PAUL'S, INDY, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS FOR 2014:,
FESTIVAL OF FAITHS, THE WEDNESDAY MAILBAG, THE ECF ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF THE BARNABAS PROJECT, HELP WANTED: CUSTODIAN ASSISTANT AT ST. PAUL'S, INDY, SPANISH VERSION, TENS ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN, ON LINE TODAY!, CONVENTION REPORTS, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS:
NEXT WEEK'S MAILBAG, GROWING THE CHURCH...THIS SATURDAY, LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING REMINDER, CONVENTION REPORTS,
POSITION OPEN FOR ORGANIST AT ST. THOMAS, FRANKLIN, A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY SEMINAR OPPORTUNITY, EXHIBIT SPACE AT CONVENTION, CONVENTION REPORTS, REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN: TRAINING FOR CLERGY & LAY LEADERS, PLEASE CHECK YOUR LISTING, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS FOR 2014
MANDATED TRAINING FOR CLERGY & ELECTED/APPOINTED LAY LEADERS, CENTER FOR CONGREGATIONS: TAPPING COMMUNITY FUNDING SOURCES, ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF FAITHS, ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN, HABITAT FOR HUMANITY PANEL BUILD AT ST. PAUL'S, INDIANAPOLIS, UP NEXT...ACCESS ACS and PEOPLE, FIRES IN THE DIOCESE OF SPOKANE, THE WISDOM OF THE ENNEAGRAM WORKSHOP AT ST. JOHN'S, LAFAYETTE, SHARING LOVE WITH SOUTH SUDAN THIS SUMMER AND FALL, THOSE FABULOUS EPISCOPAL WELCOME T-SHIRTS..., STILL GATHERING NAMES..., REMINDER! GROWING THE CHURCH TRAINING WITH CANON GRAY AUGUST 23, AUGUST CIGNA EAP WEBCAST OPPORTUNITIES, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
TRINITY INSTITUTE 2015 AT TRINITY, BLOOMINGTON & ST. PAUL'S, INDY, SHARING LOVE WITH SOUTH SUDAN THIS SUMMER AND FALL, THOSE FABULOUS EPISCOPAL WELCOME T-SHIRTS..., STILL GATHERING NAMES..., REMINDER! GROWING THE CHURCH TRAINING WITH CANON GRAY AUGUST 23, AUGUST CIGNA EAP WEBCAST OPPORTUNITIES, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, INVITATION TO ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
EPISCOPAL WOMEN'S MINISTRIES FALL RETREAT, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, THIS SUNDAY: WAYCROSS INDY SUMMER CELEBRATION, LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING, INVITATION: CHRISTOPHER BEASLEY'S ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD, PARISH COMMUNICATORS GROUP FORMING, BASICS WORKSHOP: FORMING MATURE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, SOCIETY OF THE MAGI, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, WAYCROSS INDY SUMMER CELEBRATION, UP NEXT...ACCESS ACS and PEOPLE, BASICS WORKSHOP: FORMATION TO FORM MATURE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS, CIGNA EAP WELLNESS WEBCAST SEMINAR, SOCIETY OF THE MAGI, WANT TO INSTANTLY PROMOTE YOUR NEXT EVENT OR PROGRAM FAR AND WIDE IN THE DIOCESE AND CHURCHWIDE?, "THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH WELCOMES ALL!" T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN MATERIAL, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, EPISCOPAL YOUTH EVENT, UP NEXT...ACCESS ACS: ONLINE GIVING, CIGNA EAP WELLNESS WEBCAST SEMINAR, WANT TO INSTANTLY PROMOTE YOUR NEXT EVENT OR PROGRAM FAR AND WIDE IN THE DIOCESE AND CHURCHWIDE?, ST. GEORGE'S CELEBRATES 100 YEARS! EVERYONE IS INVITED, ARTWORK INVITED FOR EPISCOPAL CHURCH CHRISTMAS CARD, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, CIGNA EAP JULY WELLNESS SEMINARS, HAVING TROUBLE FINDING SOMETHING ON THE DIOCESAN WEBSITE? HAVE IDEAS TO HELP MAKE THE WEBSITE BETTER?, WANT TO INSTANTLY PROMOTE YOUR NEXT EVENT OR PROGRAM FAR AND WIDE IN THE DIOCESE AND CHURCHWIDE?, ST. GEORGE'S CELEBRATES 100 YEARS! EVERYONE IS INVITED, ARTWORK INVITED FOR EPISCOPAL CHURCH CHRISTMAS CARD, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
SOCIAL MEDIA SUNDAY---COMING THIS SUNDAY!, ST. GEORGE'S CELEBRATES 100 YEARS! EVERYONE IS INVITED, TRINITY INSTITUTE 2015, TRANSITION NEWS, FREE MONEY: GRANTS FOR LAY, CLERGY & CONGREGATIONAL FORMATION & DEVELOPMENT, GROWING THE CHURCH TRAINING AUGUST 23, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, MISSED THE LIVE WEBCAST?, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
GREAT NEW RESOURCE, DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, EPISCOPAL FUND FOR HUMAN NEED INGATHERING CONTINUES, HAITI TRIP: YOU'RE INVITED!, YOUR SHARING LOVE WITH SOUTH SUDAN GIFTS AT WORK, PRIDE T-SHIRT INFO, HIRING: SEXTON ASSISTANT, PART-TIME, CHURCHWIDE SOCIAL MEDIA SUNDAY IS COMING JUNE 29, IN CASE YOU MISSED THE LIVE WEBCAST!, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE, IF YOU FIND A MISSING "Certification of Wardens and Leaders 2014" FORM, EPISCOPAL FUND FOR HUMAN NEED INGATHERING CONTINUES, YOUR SHARING LOVE WITH SOUTH SUDAN GIFTS AT WORK, INDY PRIDE PARADE AND FESTIVAL IS THIS SATURDAY, CHURCHWIDE SOCIAL MEDIA SUNDAY IS COMING JUNE 29, SUMMER JOBS FOR FINANCE COMMITTEES, IN CASE YOU MISSED THE LIVE WEBCAST!, CONGREGATION CHANGES/UPDATES, SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG?, THE DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS DIOCESAN CONVENTION INFORMATION AVAILABLE The Call to Convention and some associated materials are now live on the diocesan website at www.indydio.org We will be adding to this information often so please check back regularly. Now is a great time to prayerfully consider offering your gifts and skills for the convention election process. IF YOU FIND A MISSING "Certification of Wardens and Leaders 2014" FORM for one of these churches: Episcopal Campus Ministry, Indiana University Peace, Rockport St. Andrew's, Greencastle St. Luke's, Cannelton St. Philip's,Indianapolis St. Stephen's, Elwood St. Stephen's, New Harmony Please send it along to. The "Certification of Wardens and Leaders 2014" form can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezk7njhk5zij8fz/Certification-Wrdns-Ldrs%202014.doc EPISCOPAL FUND FOR HUMAN NEED INGATHERING CONTINUES Many parishes chose Pentecost Sunday for an ingathering of gifts for the Episcopal Fund for Human Need (EFHN). But, if you didn't have that opportunity, gifts are still encouraged. EFHN touches every corner of our diocese, supporting minisitries and agencies engaged in providing the most basic of human needs assistance, from food to medications. Need additional materials, advice, or help with your EFHN efforts? Contact the diocesan office. YOUR SHARING LOVE WITH SOUTH SUDAN GIFTS AT WORK In the midst of an ever-enlarging massive human needs crisis in South Sudan, the diocese is continuing to direct funds to provide the basics of water, food, medicines, and mosquito netting. The rainy season has now come to the Bor region. Yet, on Pentecost Sunday, St. Andrew's Cathedral hosted just over a thousand people in worship. Your prayers and help are still needed. Consider visiting our giving site at www.sharinglovewithsouthsudan.org, placing an additional order of heart-shaped pins to sell, or doing whatever you can to continue to offer support to the people of Bor and South Sudan. Your help is truly saving lives and bringing comfort but the task before us remains enormous. If you need more heart-shaped pins, pin display boards, information, or any other type of assistance or ideas with respect to your efforts for Bor, please contact . For all you do for the people of Bor, thank you! INDY PRIDE PARADE AND FESTIVAL IS THIS SATURDAY A large contingent of Hoosier Episcopalians are marching and welcome you to join in! For more...and the latest... information, visit the Diocese of Indianapolis at Circle City Pride Festival and Parade site on Facebook. CHURCHWIDE SOCIAL MEDIA SUNDAY IS COMING JUNE 29 Plan now to help The Episcopal Church diocesan-wide and churchwide trend by posting from your parish worship and activities that day on all of your favorite social media---from Facebook and Twitter to Pinterest and Instagram---with #episcopal #episcopalIN and #indyepiscopal. Contact for more information or help. SUMMER JOBS FOR FINANCE COMMITTEES Some congregations only have active Finance Committees at budget formation time, or perhaps when finances are getting tight. But summertime can be a great time for the Finance Committee to get some housekeeping tasks done that often get set aside for later during busier times of year. Below are just a handful of ideas for summer chores for your congregation's Finance Committee, or Vestry/Bishop's Committee if there is no Finance Committee... Review or create written Finance Committee responsibilities and make additions and revisions to be forwarded to the Vestry/Bishop's Committee for adoption. Review or create written descriptions of the objectives, responsibilities and accountabilities of the treasurer, Sunday offering counters, check signers, and other participants in the financial processes of the congregation. Have a discussion and review of the first half of the year church financials, looking for trends, budget performance on both income and expenses, and other relevant matters for the benefit of the committee as well as the Vestry/Bishop's Committee. Use this analysis to develop a cash flow and expenses plan for the rest of the year. For help with these or any other parish ministry tasks, please feel free to contact Canon Bruce Gray: IN CASE YOU MISSED THE LIVE WEBCAST! Last weekend's TENS "Walking the Way" stewardship conference is now available to view on an as needed basis through June 29. It even works on your mobile device. Here's the address: http://www.tens2014.org/ CONGREGATION CHANGES/UPDATES The Church of the Nativity, Indianapolis has called The Rev. Mary Slenski to serve as their Transition Priest (Interim) beginning August 25, 2014. Mary has served in several parishes of the diocese: St. Paul's, New Albany (Interim), Trinity, Lawrenceburg (Sabbatical Supply) and, St. Stephen's, Terre Haute (Interim). Mary is a transition ministry specialist and we give thanks for her continued service in the diocese. At St. Stephen's, Terre Haute, The Rev. Mary Slenski will complete her Interim ministry on July 20, 2014. The Rev. William Wieland will serve as an extended supply priest until St. Stephen's calls their rector. Our prayers continue for St. Stephen's as they move towards the conclusion of their search journey. We give thanks for Bill's service at St. Stephen's during this time. SOMETHING FOR THE MAILBAG? Send it to: THE DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER June 15 - Trinity Sunday, Trinity, Indianapolis The Rev. Thomas Kryder-Reid, The Rev. Karen King, The Rev. Robert P. Dekker FUTURE EVENTS Pride Parade & Festival, June 14 Social Media Sunday Churchwide and Diocesan-wide June 29 Episcopal Youth Event: July 9-16, Philadelphia, PA LEV Training, August 23, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., St. Paul's, Indianapolis Fall Ember Day Gathering, September 11, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Interchurch Center (Deans meeting follows) Episcopal Women's Ministries Fall Retreat, September 26-28 at Waycross Webcast: Civil Discourse in America: Finding Common Ground for Greater Good, October 22 Diocesan Convention, October 23-25, hosted by Grace Church, Muncie Diocesan Youth Fall Conference, November 21-23, Waycross Advent Ember Day, December 11, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Interchurch Center For 2015: Vestry College, February 20-21 Waycross Lenten Ember Day Gathering, February 26, Interchurch Center Diocesan Youth Spring Retreat, March 6-8, Waycross Spring Clergy Conference, April 13-15, Waycross (Dean's meeting 1-3 p.m. on the last day) Fall Ember Day Gathering, September 17, Interchurch Center, (Dean's meeting following) Advent Ember Day, December 10, Interchurch Center
DISCERNMENT FOR ORDAINED MINISTRY INFORMATION DAY THIS SATURDAY, SAFETY INSPECTIONS, FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP WEBCAST THIS WEEK, SOCIAL MEDIA SUNDAY JUNE 29---LET'S GET READY!, LEV TRAINING SESSION WITH ARCHDEACON RON GOLDFARB, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP WEBCAST NEXT WEEK, OOPS!, INFORMATION DAY: DISCERNMENT FOR ORDAINED MINISTRY, SOCIAL MEDIA SUNDAY JUNE 29---LET'S GET READY!, SO MANY "PIN STARS" THIS WEEK..., EPISCOPAL WOMEN'S MINISTRIES FALL RETREAT, LEV TRAINING SESSION WITH ARCHDEACON RON GOLDFARB, EPISCOPAL CHURCH HOSTS MAJOR TOPICAL FORUM, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
TODAY! NORTHEAST DEANERY COUNCIL MEETING, SHARED MINISTRY: ST. JAMES, VINCENNES & ST. JOHN'S, WASHINGTON, ST. STEPHEN'S, NEW HARMONY, ST. PETER'S, LEBANON, LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING, A PLEA TO THE DEANS OF THE DIOCESE..., PROGRESS REPORT: CERTIFICATION OF WARDENS AND LEADERS,2014, THE EPISCOPAL NETWORK FOR STEWARDSHIP (TENS) WEBCAST, INFORMATION DAY: DISCERNMENT FOR ORDAINED MINISTRY, HORIZONS STEWARDSHIP YEAR 'ROUND RESOURCES, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
BISHOP OFFERS A NEW VIDEO MESSAGE ON THE DIOCESE OF BOR AND SOUTH SUDAN CRISIS, NORTHEAST DEANERY COUNCIL MEETING, TEENY TINY CHANGE=PROGRESS...BUT NOT A HIGH GRADE, EMPOWER YOUR VOICE---WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE, THE EPISCOPAL NETWORK FOR STEWARDSHIP (TENS) WEBCAST, INFORMATION DAY, EDUCATION WEEKEND, MAY 16-18, WITH CENTRAL INDIANA EDUCATION ALLIANCE, IN A DITHER?, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
THANKS BE TO GOD..., INFORMATION DAY, 2015 DRAFT BUDGET, INFORMATION FROM ST. PAUL'S, INDIANAPOLIS, NEW LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING SESSIONS, PATHWAYS CELEBRATION THIS SATURDAY, MAY 10, LAST CALL–PAROCHIAL REPORTS, THE LIST CONTINUES TO SHRINK..., STEWARDSHIP CONFERENCE & WEBCAST, ENERGY WORKSHOP OFFERED---YOU'RE INVITED!, EPISCOPAL FUND FOR HUMAN NEED INGATHERING INFORMATION, ALL SAINTS, INDIANAPOLIS---INVITATION TO THE PRIDE PARADE 2014, SAFEGUARDING TRAINING, INFORMATION FROM TRINITY, BLOOMINGTON --NEEDED PART-TIME YOUTH DIRECTOR, INFORMATION FROM NEW CENTRAL INDIANA EDUCATION ALLIANCE & THE CHURCH FEDERATION OF GREATER INDIANAPOLIS, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
NEW LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING SESSIONS, PATHWAYS WRAP UP DAY MAY 10, ENERGY WORKSHOP OFFERED---YOU'RE INVITED!, MONDAY, MAY 5, 7 p.m.-8 p.m. MEDIA MONDAY VIA WEBEX WEBCONFERENCE ON PROMOTING YOUR PARISH EVENTS, EPISCOPAL FUND FOR HUMAN NEED, SHRINKWRAP, ALL SAINTS, INDIANAPOLIS---INVITATION TO THE PRIDE PARADE 2014, SAFEGUARDING TRAINING, INFORMATION FROM TRINITY, BLOOMINGTON --NEEDED PART-TIME YOUTH DIRECTOR, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYE,
REGISTRATION TIME IS RUNNING OUT!, WHY ME?, SECOND REMINDER 103-104 TAX FILINGS, NEW LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING SESSIONS, PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE CHANGE---PLEASE NOTE, PATHWAYS WRAP UP DAY MAY 10, ENERGY WORKSHOP OFFERED---YOU'RE INVITED!, MONDAY, MAY 5, 7 p.m.-8 p.m. MEDIA MONDAY VIA WEBEX WEBCONFERENCE ON PROMOTING YOUR PARISH EVENTS, AH, THE LIST DIMINISHETH!, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
REGISTRATION TIME IS RUNNING OUT! Register now for Holy Currencies: Six Blessings for Missional and Sustainable Ministries Diocesan Leadership Day, WHY ME?, IN OBSERVANCE OF GOOD FRIDAY, NEW LAY EUCHARISTIC VISITOR TRAINING SESSIONS, IN NEED OF STRAPPING TAPE FOR BULK MAIL?, PAROCHIAL REPORT, THE LIST IS SHORTER!, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, EASTER SUNDAY, FUTURE EVENTS
REMINDER 103-104 TAX FILINGS, HOLY CURRENCIES, 2014 CONFIRMATION SCHEDULE, PATHWAYS TO VITALITY WRAPUP, LET THE LIGHT SHINE, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS
HOLY CURRENCIES EVENTS (LAY AND ORDAINED) REGISTRATION NOW OPEN, SHARE THE LOVE WITH SOUTH SUDAN UPDATE, NEEDED: PART-TIME YOUTH DIRECTOR TRINITY, BLOOMINGTON, INVITATION FROM EPISCOPAL WOMEN'S MINISTRIES, HOOSIER SENIOR WARDEN, INVITATION FROM ST. JOHN'S, LAFAYETTE---COMMUNITY PRAYER SERVICE, NEEDED: PART-TIME CHILDREN'S DIRECTOR, MEDIA LEARNING OPPORTUNITY COMING UP SOCIAL, DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER, FUTURE EVENTS