- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- A Message from Bishop Waynick on Same Gender Marriage in Indiana
- Bishop Cate Attends House of Bishops Meeting in Taiwan
- Bishop Waynick Has Papal Audience
- Bishop's Ash Wednesday Reflection on a Holy Lent (2015)
- Concerning the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (2015)
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - 2016
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- 177th Diocesan Convention Emphasizes “Holy Currencies”
- 178th Diocesan Convention, Part 1
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Office of Communication & Evangelism
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Social Media
- Partner Dioceses
- Donate to the Dioceses of Bor and Brasilia
- Donate to South Sudan Relief Efforts
- Diocese of Bor
- Diocese of Brasilia
- Partner News
- May 2013 - Partner News and Photos
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Partner Dioceses
- Sep 17 - Fall 2015 Ember Day Gathering
- Sep 19 - Executive Council
- Sep 25 - Episcopal Women's Ministries' Fall Retreat
- Oct 23 - Diocesan Convention Part 2
- Nov 07 - Executive Council
- Nov 20-21: Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross
- Dec 10 - Advent Ember Day
- Feb 2016 - Lenten Ember Day
- March 4,-6, 2016: Youth Spring Retreat at Waycross
- April 4-6, 2016 - Spring Clergy Conference
- Report a Problem or Request a Change
- Admin Help
For submissions, subscriptions, address changes, please contact:
July 22, 2015
TOOTING THE CELEBRATION HORNS FOR TWO OF OUR CONGREGATIONS
This just in from The Rev. Jan Oller and the Vestry of St. John's, Crawfordsville:
"It is with great pleasure that I inform you that the Vestry of St. John's has voted to no longer accept Mission Strategy Grant funds for the balance of 2015. We are deeply honored by the trust, prayer, guidance and support of each of you that has helped lead St. John's to the point that we have confidence in our financial sustainability. We hope, therefore, that the monies we would otherwise have received can be given to a parish with financial need.
The Holy Spirit has absolutely, positively and undeniably been with St. John's over the last several years as we have come through a time of turmoil and pain into a place of hope and vitality. This is not to deny that there may be times ahead when we struggle. However, the example of the last three years is that this parish is united in love of God, made manifest in Christ, and in outreach to our wider community. The parish is committed to remaining a beacon of light and love even as we celebrate becoming financially sustainable.
Thanks to each of you for your prayers and your support as we made this journey."
St. Alban's, Indianapolis, was awarded $16,151.77 as a Province V United Thank Offering (UTO) grant to provide a start-up farm manager for their Swords to Plow Shares Community Farm.
The manager will supervise the planting and cultivating of a community farm that grows in a field of crosses on the church grounds. The crosses will have names of each murder victim in Indianapolis in 2014. Volunteers from the congregation, neighboring churches, youth groups, and two neighborhood associations will tend the farm. The harvested fresh produce will be distributed to the urban poor.
Having a farm that grows in a field of crosses will demonstrate the power of a community united for good. Opportunities will be provided for community members, victims' families, inner-city youth, and even police officers to work side by side at St. Alban's toward a common purpose.
WE WELCOME NEW CLERGY TO THE DIOCESAN HOUSEHOLD
- The Rev. Nicholas Myers has accepted the call to serve as Vicar of St. Paul's, Indianapolis. He begins at St. Paul's on September 9. As well, we welcome his wife, The Rev. Bethany Myers (deacon and social worker), and their 1 year old son, Bennett.
- The Rev. (William) Lee Curtis has accepted the call as Urban Missioner at Christ Church Cathedral. He begins his ministry on August 10.
Lee is a 2013 graduate of Candler School of Theology in Georgia and most recently served in the dual part-time roles as Rector of the Episcopal Church of the Incarnation in Atlanta and as Campus Missioner at Georgia Tech and Georgia State Universities.
We welcome Lee, his wife, Hannah, and their toddler, Shepard.
Please keep Nicholas and Lee and their families in your prayers as they begin life anew among us.
HOLY CURRENCIES: A NEW COURSE OFFERING
"The Psalms through the Years", presented by The Rev. Evelyn Wheeler.
Course description: How have musicians interpreted the psalms? Explore how the usage of the psalms in Christian worship has changed over time, and how those changes are reflected in the liturgy or secular settings. Listen to hymns and selections from oratorios, even instrumental music, from composers through the ages. Check out this and 51 other offerings right here.
AT VESTRY COLLEGE: LAY PASTORAL TEAMS, BROWNSBURG LEARNINGS, BISHOP SEARCH COMMITTEE AND MUCH MORE
This year's Autumn Vestry College will be August 14 and 15 at Waycross. Among the many offerings will be The Rev. Frank Impicciche teaching about parish pastoral care teams (including Stephen Ministers), The Rev. Dr. Gray Lesesne sharing what we have already learned in the early success of the new congregation start in Brownsburg, and members of the Bishop's Search Committee explaining the process the diocese will follow to call its next bishop. There will also be offerings about Pathways to Vitality, parish finances, the transition process for a congregation calling a new priest, and Christian formation.
The only costs to participate are the meals and lodging at Waycross (they have special offers for Vestry College weekend). Contact Jenifer at Waycross to make your arrangements. Contact The Rev. Canon Bruce Gray or Kim Smith in the diocesan office for more information or if you need any help in signing up. All are welcome to attend, including friends and family who simply want to enjoy Waycross and skip the interesting, informative, and inspiring Vestry College program.
THE EPISCOPAL WOMEN'S MINISTRY / EPISCOPAL CHURCH WOMEN
All women of the church are invited to join The Episcopal Women's Ministry / Episcopal Church Women on Saturday, August 29, at St. Stephen's, Terre Haute. We will begin at 10 a.m. with Karen Rutherford's presentation on the stained glass windows of St. Stephen's. This will be followed by lunch at 11 and all are invited to attend the EWM/ECW meeting at noon.
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
July 26, Proper 12,
The staff of the Waycross Camp and Conference Center,
Van Beers, Executive Director.
Members of the Standing Committee, Executive Council and Commission on Ministry
FUTURE DIOCESAN EVENTS
- Vestry College, August 14-15, Waycross
- Fall Ember Day Gathering, September 17, Interchurch Center, (Dean's meeting following)
- Episcopal Women's Ministries Fall Retreat, September 25–27, Waycross
- Diocesan Convention, Part 2, October 23–24, Wyndham Indianapolis West
- Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross, November 20–22
- Advent Ember Day, December 10, Interchurch Center
- Lenten Ember Day, February 18, 2016, Crispus Attucks MuseumDiocesan
- Youth Spring Retreat at Waycross, March 4–6, 2016
- Spring Clergy Conference, April 4–6, 2016, Waycross
- Consecration and Seating of 11th Bishop (anticipated date) April, 2017