- About Us
- Our Bishop
- Bishop Waynick's Confirmation Checklist
- The Bishop's Visitation Schedule
- House of Bishops Issues Pastoral Letter on Immigration Reform
- Bishop Cate Sings --Listen Here! (Video)
- A Word to the Church: Godly Leadership in the Face of Violence
- An Easter Sermon from Bishop Waynick
- Our Mission Is Transformation
- Bishop Waynick Offers Statement on Indiana HJR3
- A Message from Bishop Waynick on Same Gender Marriage in Indiana
- Bishop Cate Attends House of Bishops Meeting in Taiwan
- Bishop Waynick Has Papal Audience
- Bishop's Ash Wednesday Reflection on a Holy Lent (2015)
- Concerning the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (2015)
- The Episcopal Church
- The Diocese
- Wednesday Mailbag
- Diocesan Convention
- Diocesan Convention 175
- Diocesan Convention 176
- Call to Convention for the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Convention Schedule - Final
- Proposed Changes to the Constitution or Canons
- Election Results
- Budget - 2016
- Reports to the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Learning Opportunities at the 176th Diocesan Convention
- Diocese of Indianapolis Holds 176th Convention October 24-26
- 177th Diocesan Convention Emphasizes “Holy Currencies”
- 178th Diocesan Convention, Part 1
- Diocesan Celebrations
- Commission on Ministry
- Constitution and Canons
- Executive Council
- History & Archives
- Mission Strategy Commission
- Standing Committee
- Office of Communication & Evangelism
- Our Bishop
- Mission & Ministries
- Campus Ministries
- Transition Ministries
- Christian Formation
- Lifelong Christian Formation
- ChurchNext - Online Christian Formation
- Speak, Lord, for Your Servants Are Listening
- Youth Ministries
- Education, Health & Relief
- Episcopal Women's Ministries
- What is Evangelism?
- Chasing the Social Networkers
- Who Locked the Gates?
- What About the “De-Churched?”
- What if Starbucks Used Church Marketing?
- Evangelism and Hospitality Consultation
- Reaching Out to Your Community
- Evangelism Role Playing
- A Hospitality Quiz
- 15 Free or Under $100 Things You Can Do Right Now to Help Market Your Parish and Grow
- Talking About Your Faith---Some Exercises
- Global Missions Commission
- Lay Ministries
- Young Adult Ministries
- Deacons' Web Site
- Find a Resource
- Social Media
- Partner Dioceses
- Donate to the Dioceses of Bor and Brasilia
- Donate to South Sudan Relief Efforts
- Diocese of Bor
- Diocese of Brasilia
- Partner News
- May 2013 - Partner News and Photos
- Other Partners
- Cooperating Ministries
- News from Our Partners
- Partner Dioceses
- Sep 17 - Fall 2015 Ember Day Gathering
- Sep 19 - Executive Council
- Sep 25 - Episcopal Women's Ministries' Fall Retreat
- Oct 23 - Diocesan Convention Part 2
- Nov 07 - Executive Council
- Nov 20-21: Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross
- Dec 10 - Advent Ember Day
- Feb 2016 - Lenten Ember Day
- March 4,-6, 2016: Youth Spring Retreat at Waycross
- April 4-6, 2016 - Spring Clergy Conference
- Report a Problem or Request a Change
- Admin Help
Each year the Diocese holds its annual convention to meet, worship, reflect, and make decisions. Traditionally held in October, 2015 marks a change in procedure with the convention being held in two parts---Part 1 in April and Part 2 in October.
Pursuant to Article IV Section 2 of the Constitution of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis, notice is hereby given that: Part 1 of the 178th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese will be held at The Bloomington Convention Center, 302 S. College Ave., Bloomington, IN 47403, on April 25, 2015 beginning at 10:00 a.m. This one day convention will focus on the Bishop’s Address, introduction of the 2016 budget and educational workshops.
A recording of the proceedings at Part 1 of the Diocesan Convention Bloomington on April 25th 2015.
[April 25, 2015] During Part 1 of the 178th Diocesan Convention, Bishop Waynick addressed the gathering and called for the election of the 11th Bishop of Diocese of Indianapolis who will be consecrated in 2017 when she retires.
The 178th Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis Convention met April 25 in Bloomington for part one of what will be a two-part convention in 2015, as the diocese experiments with a format that should enable more persons to participate who have Monday-Friday work or school responsibilities. . . .
The Reverend Gray Lesesne, D.Min. preached the sermon at the convention on St. Mark, the Evangelist. Mark 16:15-20
Forms and information concerning the search for the next diocesan bishop.
177th Diocesan Convention 2014
Date: October 23-25, 2014
Location: Horizon Convention Center, Muncie IN
Host: Grace Church, Muncie
The theme this year will be "Holy Currencies." Watch this space for information about the convention as it is available.
The text from the Bishop's Convention Address in its entirety.
A list of the Proposed Resolutions and Amendments to the Canons or Constitution with links to the text for reading/downloading..
Information about and links to the 2015 Budget Proposed Budget, Apportionments, and Presentation.
A list of reports submitted for the 177th Convention with links for downloading.
Nominees will be posted here as their nominations are received.
- 2015 Budget - Apportionment Calculations
- 2015 Budget - Convention
- 2015 Budget - Cover Letter
- 2015 Budget - Presentation
- Budget 2015 - Center for Congregations Matching Funds Grants
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Alternatives Inc.
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Daughters of the King
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Diocesan Anti-Racism Committee
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Episcopal Fund for Human Need
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Office of Communication and Evangelism
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Office of Stewardship
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Re-Imagining the Diocese + Appendices
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Re-Imagining the Diocese - Companion Information
- Diocesan Convention Report (2014):- Re-Imagining the Diocese - Companion Information: By the Numbers
- Proposed Amendment: Canon 20 Sec 16 (Ministries of Strategic Scale) - revised format
- Proposed Amendment: Canon 25 (request to conform to The Episcopal Church Canons)
- Resolution on Content and Procedure (updated 9.8.14)
- Resolution on Eligibility for Communion
176th Diocesan Convention 2013
Held October 24-26, 2013
News from and related to the Convention
- The Bishop's Convention Address
- The Diocese of Bor Video (on YouTube)
- The Diocese of Haiti Video (on YouTube)
- Election Results
- Budget - Approved Budget Documents
- Convention Reports
With no resolutions and only second reading of a minor canonical change related to the definition of quorum, the 176th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis focused on learning opportunities and visioning.
175th Diocesan Convention 2012
175th Anniversary of the Diocese Celebrated at Diocesan Convention
The Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis reflected on 175 years of ministry, while wrestling with a future of decreasing financial resources for its work, as delegates met at Diocesan Convention October 25-27 in Bloomington, hosted by Trinity Episcopal Church.