If you haven’t yet told us you will be coming to Bishop Cate’s celebration and Bishop-elect Jennifer’s ordination and consecration, it is important that you take a moment and go to www.indydio.org or www.hoosierbishopXI.org and let your Transition Committee know as soon as possible. You can also reply for Bishop Cate’s celebration at 317-640-5870 and the consecration at 317-937-4286.
Mother’s Day lunch is a long-standing Waycross tradition. For years, we have invited families to come together and enjoy a wonderful meal and the peaceful outdoors. This year, our Mother’s Day lunch is a part of our special 60th anniversary celebration. Join us at 1:30 pm! Travel back home with new memories and a full stomach. The menu will include oven fried chicken, baked chicken, sliced baked ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn, and the “Good Cake.” Salads, a variety of breads, and other desserts are offered and are chef’s choice.
Cost is $18 per person. Children under 13 are $9 each. Children under 3 eat free!
Register by May 6, 2017, at waycrosscenter.campbrainregistration.com/.
We hope that you will join us!
We are publishing a series of bulletin inserts that can be used to keep parishioners informed during the transition period in April. These can be used to publicize the events connected to the retirement celebration of Bishop Waynick and the seating and consecration of Bishop-Elect Baskerville-Burrows,
- We are providing these as PDF files that can be printed and copied on both sides of 8.5″ x 11″ paper and then cut in half to provide two inserts per page.
- We are providing two versions of each insert. One in color and one in black and white. We have endeavored to optimize both versions so you will be able to produce a good quality product.
- Insert 1 has images of the two invitations, one for Bishop Waynick and one for Bishop-Elect Baskerville-Burrows, one on each side of the bulletin.
- Insert 2 has the invitation for Bishop-Elect Baskerville-Burrows on one side and a special children’s coloring page on the other with a picture of our soon-to-be bishop.
The bishop Transition Committee has learned that a national firefighter’s convention is in town during that week and most hotel rooms downtown are already booked. Although there are no special rates or arrangements with any hotels for this event, here are some hotels they have been in contact with that currently have rooms. You can contact the hotels directly for availability and rates.
- Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
9625 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46290
- Springhill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
11855 N. Meridian Street
Carmel, IN 4603
- Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
12197 N. Meridian Street
Carmel, IN 46032
Watch this space for more information.