ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME: PROTESTANT-CATHOLIC PERSPECTIVES ON POPE FRANCIS’ ENVIRONMENTAL ENCYCLICAL
This Friday, September 18, at 7 p.m., join Christian Theological Seminary’s conversation about this extraordinary document. CTS professor Carol Johnston and Marian University professor Jason Eberl, both students of the encyclical and advocates for a healthier planet, will lead the conversation. CTS president Matthew Myer Boulton will moderate.
As of 8:30 this morning 73 free tickets were available. Register for one here at Eventbrite.
FAITH, MENTAL ILLNESS & RECOVERY WORKSHOP – BUY 2, GET 1 FREE!
Held on Friday, September 25 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at CTS, Indianapolis. This one day conference will help Clergy, Seminarians, Vestries, Lay Leaders, and Staff to learn more about being a healing community for people living with mental health problems. See the “Topics for the Day” HERE! Pre-register by September 22 with CTS at www.cts.edu/news-events and submit your grant request to IndyDio by September 22. For every 2 people you send to this event, IndyDio will pay for the 3rd with grant request form submission! Don’t miss this wonderful leadership development opportunity! This is a quality formation opportunity with a first rate speaker!
COLVILL TO BE ORDAINED
The Rev. Lea Colvill will be ordained to the Sacred Order of Priests, 4 p.m., 29 September, at Trinity, Indianapolis. Click here for the invitation details.
BISHOP SEARCH BULLETIN INSERTS NOW AVAILABLE
The Bishop Search Committee has created bulletin inserts to provide information about the search process and the role of the Bishop, recommended for inclusion in bulletins beginning Sunday, September 20.
The topics are:
September 20: Search Process Timeline
September 27: How Can You Help in the Bishop Search?
October 4: The Role of Bishop
October 11: Bishops of the Diocese of Indianapolis
Please feel free to either use the bulletin inserts as presented, or cut and paste the text into whatever format works best for you.
Follow this link for details.
PARISH GENERAL CONVENTION BRIEFINGS AVAILABLE
In an effort to further diocesan connections and communications, our diocesan General Convention deputation offers to all our congregations a presentation on what took place during this past summer’s General Convention of the Episcopal Church. A congregation can request a general presentation, one focussed on specific events or issues, or a more informal question and answer conversation. The only expectation is that neighboring congregations will also be invited. Simply contact Canon Bruce Gray, the chair of our deputation, (email@example.com) to schedule your time with your General Convention representatives.
DIOCESAN CYCLE OF PRAYER
September 20, Proper 20,
St. Matthew’s, Indianapolis
The Rev. Mark Van Wassenhove
FUTURE DIOCESAN EVENTS
- Fall Ember Day Gathering, TOMORROW, September 17, St. Paul’s, Indianapolis, 6050 N. Meridian St. (Dean’s mtg following)
- Faith, Mental Illness & Recovery Workshop, September 25, CTS, Indianapolis
- Episcopal Women’s Ministries Fall Retreat, September 25-27, Waycross
- The Rev. Lea Colvill ordination, September 29, 4 p.m., Trinity, Indianapolis
- The Rev. Sarah Ginolfi ordination, October 6, 7 p.m., St. Paul’s, Indianapolis
- Diocesan Convention, Part 2, October 23-24, Wyndham Indianapolis West
- Diocesan Youth Fall Conference at Waycross, November 20-22
- Advent Ember Day, December 10, Interchurch Center
- Lenten Ember Day, February 18, Crispus Attucks Museum
- Vestry College, February 19-20, Waycross
- Diocesan Youth Spring Retreat at Waycross, March 4-6
- Spring Clergy Conference, April 4-6, Waycross
- Consecration and Seating of 11th Bishop (anticipated date) April, 2017
Something you wish to have published in the Wednesday Mailbag?
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday at noon.